Electronic charts

AcroBoy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jim N
I have owned an Irex Iliad with electronic charts for around two years. It is a good backup, but somewhat fragile, and very slow, and requires the use of an easy to lose pen. Now, Sony has charts available on their eReader, but the display is smaller, with a smaller gray scale. Now, there are some further options for the Irex, that give you the entire US approach plates, but without the need for the pen, so I may go back to the Irex.

Any experience using the Sony versus the Irex?

While the topic is active, has anyone seen similar functionality for the Amazon Kindle?

While the topic is active, has anyone seen similar functionality for the Amazon Kindle?

Funny you should mention that, Spike. When I read the preceding post I thought about the eFlyBook and its limitations, and then thought "I wonder what it'd be like if someone put charts on a Kindle..."

I have yet to actually see a Kindle. :dunno:

No VFR charts, especially since it's B/W only. However, even the the Iliad is very slow, it has more gray scale shades than the Sony, along with a bigger screen.

Still trying to decide whether to change to Sony, or keep working with the Iliad that I already own. Main concern is the fragility of the screen, which is probably the same for both.

Back