Electro-therapy!

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
So I found out today starting PT that they will be partly using electro-therapy on my leg. The guy came up to me and said we will be starting out by shocking your muscles until they contract. Ok, fair enough and how much voltage you say? :confused: OH enough that it sorta painful OK sounds great! :nonod: When the guy said it would hurt he wasn't kidding. He told me to tighten my leg as much as possible during the shock. So every 30 secs for 15 seconds I would get shocked and this went on for 20 mins. I told the doc he needed electro-therapy to his head for suggesting this.... :D

Come to find out the voltage I have figured up is around 25-50 volts. 15 causes a mild sensation, so I'm extrapolating the earlier voltage. The 15 volts is what they use under a ice pack at the end of the session. The lady next to me said that they try to freeze you while shocking you.

I also had to do the bike for 10 mins at the lowest difficultly level. That was the only nice part!

Even an hour later my leg still feels a bit funny... :rofl:

The doc said he will up the level next time and start on the harder exercises. I don't want to know what the next level is on the electrical machine.....:sad:

So this will go on three times a week for the next six weeks. :yikes: :mad2:

HAHA! That's about how I felt when the guy first told me. I gave him that what the $%^!?! look. :D

Thanks, the doc said that I just need to strengthen my quad and thigh and I will be good as new.

My wife's in PT for neck issues ... her therapist uses "dry needling" (like accupuncture) to trigger muscle spasms on those muscles that are aggravating the areas around a spinal disk she's having issues with. Sounds like similar outcomes.

My wife's in PT for neck issues ... her therapist uses "dry needling" (like accupuncture) to trigger muscle spasms on those muscles that are aggravating the areas around a spinal disk she's having issues with. Sounds like similar outcomes.

I don't know if getting stuck with a needle or getting shocked is better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back