Electrickery!!!

Here's a photo of the former Sunset Magazine building in Menlo Park. It is available for sale now, since the TIME management bastidges left all that history behind to move into a crappy building in Jack London Square...

View attachment 78396

Isn't that a beautiful space? My Dad built that. Our house was also an Eichler design and we had the massive center beam running the full length of the house.

It makes me miss the good old days when we would stop by there just to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and natural lighting... I miss my Dad. :(

Very beautiful. Your father had good hands and eyes.

Rich

I noticed that I was most hardest hit with grieving when that uncle died. Everyone on my Mom's side is gone now except the baby, my last remaining aunt.

Going to their house was better than any trip to Disneyland or even Christmas morning... I was in heaven being able to rummage through a garage full of broken cars and electrical appliances!

My brother and I would scour the Edmunds catalog and order stuff like rocket motors, fuse and weather balloons. We made our own explosives from charcoal, sulfur and some form of Potassium Nitrate. Independence day was a near death experience for us, for sure!

Did you know you can make a pretty good zip gun from a TV antenna and a .22 caliber cartridge?

I could go on and on........

Back