electric bike on plane

Doesn't say how much it weighs, that I can see. I also like that they say they adhere to FAA and TSA guidelines, except, you know, for the part about the battery being too large to be legal on the airlines, unless you can convince them it's a personal mobility aid and not a bicycle.

It's an emotional support bike. No problems. I have to say, I fly sometimes with an e-bike and it's a fantastic way to get from the airport to someplace not too far away. Particularly in urban environment like LAS where traffic and parking can be an issue.

Doesn't say how much it weighs, that I can see. I also like that they say they adhere to FAA and TSA guidelines, except, you know, for the part about the battery being too large to be legal on the airlines, unless you can convince them it's a personal mobility aid and not a bicycle.

The linked article says 29 lb. weight, and a carrying case is available. Don't recall the TSA carry-on guidelines, but if it fits there, it should go through my baggage hatch. Poor range, though--only 9 miles unless you buy the bigger battery. May be worth looking at in December, if they can do something about the $200 shipping charge . . . . .

The linked article says 29 lb. weight, and a carrying case is available. Don't recall the TSA carry-on guidelines, but if it fits there, it should go through my baggage hatch. Poor range, though--only 9 miles unless you buy the bigger battery. May be worth looking at in December, if they can do something about the $200 shipping charge . . . . .

Hmm, I was too lazy to click through, not bad weight. I ordered a Swytch 50 mile battery kit(we'll see) for my folding bike, should arrive sometime in the next 2 years, adds 12lbs to my about 30lb folding bike.

Back