EKG results

A

Anon101

I am having a bone spur removed from my shoulder and pre-op required an EKG. I had two nurses doing it and they kept moving the leads around enough that I felt like Not Sure getting a medical screening in Idiocracy. Anywho, the EKG indicated a Left Anterior Fasicular Block. The two nurses poo-pooed it as an anomaly. The next day I got a call back and the nurse said that the anesthesiologist had looked at the EKG and said it was fine. I have had other EKG's in the past and never had an issue. My question is to Bruce or Lou, should I follow up on this, or is it likely a false reading?

modern ekg machines have algorithms to make basic readings ... and frequently over-read. One's ekg can vary slightly day by day ... we call these normal limit variants - and just follow over time,

For anesthesiology, no impact.
For FAA, not quite so much. One time Stress treadmill unless you can show it's been there for a long time. Or Basic Med.

Sign me, Board Certified in Anesthesiology & Internal Medicine.

Thank you Lou and Bruce. I am already on Basic Med, I’m really more concerned with whether it’s really there or not. I suppose I should go see my doc and let him check me out. To answer you Bruce, i have had EKG’s in the recent past and this has not been mentioned. I am dubious that anything is going on because of the “keystone cop” way the nurses did the test.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back