EGt whack..... Annual inspection.

Tom

You clearly sound like the guy who points fingers at everyone else, but fails to realize you have 4 fingers pointing right back at you every time. :no:

You tell me how many people stare at the Hobbs every single time they run the plane to make sure it's turning. And run up the engine for 3 minutes to get EGTs stabilized.

Quit being an accusatory bag of tools with nothing better than being a negative nanny. Your making PoA look like it harbors trolls and arrogant female sanitation products.:nono:

^^^^yeah that^^^^

And I agree completely with the second paragraph. They were two issues that would be hard to notice immediately.

And when it comes to the Hobbs, I couldn't even tell you if mine is working, I never look at it...ever. I couldn't care less what it says.

Aren't they one and the same ?

Yup...

My point was , if I screw up, I kill my self..... If some toothless dumb ass FAA certified A&P screws up, I still die... He/she gets to go home for dinner...:mad2::mad2::mad:

Tom

You clearly sound like the guy who points fingers at everyone else, but fails to realize you have 4 fingers pointing right back at you every time. :no:

You tell me how many people stare at the Hobbs every single time they run the plane to make sure it's turning. And run up the engine for 3 minutes to get EGTs stabilized.

Quit being an accusatory bag of tools with nothing better than being a negative nanny. Your making PoA look like it harbors trolls and arrogant female sanitation products.:nono:

That's part of doing a "return to service flight" you check all the details closely, it's why they are required.

Yup...

My point was , if I screw up, I kill my self..... If some toothless dumb ass FAA certified A&P screws up, I still die... He/she gets to go home for dinner...:mad2::mad2::mad:

Well if that thinking was reality and common, you would have never worked as a mechanic on race cars, the exact same logic applies.

Well if that thinking was reality and common, you would have never worked as a mechanic on race cars, the exact same logic applies.

Kinda.......

Never hurt a driver though.....
I am either damn good, or damn lucky....

You pick....

Kinda.......

Never hurt a driver though.....
I am either damn good, or damn lucky....

You pick....

The vast, vast, vast, majority of A&Ps have never killed a pilot either, yet you castigate every one of them as a beer swilling toothless redneck incompetent.:dunno:

The vast, vast, vast, majority of A&Ps have never killed a pilot either, yet you castigate every one of them as a beer swilling toothless redneck incompetent.:dunno:

I am addressing the A&P who always seems to claim the owner /pilot are trying to cheat them out of money......

You draw your own conclusion...:rolleyes:

Tom

You need to realize the the owner flew an un-airworthy aircraft, which could have created a Pizzing contest with the Maintenance Facility. That is not the way this should have been handled.
but no matter, you two would rather shoot the messenger than to admit your wrong.

You need to realize the the owner flew an un-airworthy aircraft, which could have created a Pizzing contest with the Maintenance Facility. That is not the way this should have been handled.
but no matter, you two would rather shoot the messenger than to admit your wrong.

Is like to know what your smoking....and so would the FAA I'll bet. I'm just going to go find that ignore button now. I'd rather hear constructive advice than stare at a spitting yak such as yourself wondering what's next.

Most shops do not test fly customer planes pre and/or post maint. Those discrepancies could be tough to catch on a run up, especially if you don't do it all before the service. Most shops are honest and fix the squawks they create. To come down on mechanics as grossly incompetent and unethical for this stuff is just plain idiotic. I know no one that doesn't make mistakes. It's one of those, "Those without sin may cast stones" things.

Indeed, seems like it isn't thst big of a deal to make right by people, better for the customer, better for business, better for karma.

Indeed, seems like it isn't thst big of a deal to make right by people, better for the customer, better for business, better for karma.

Apparently the shop made it right, yet people were ready to burn the shop down...

They have made it right on my and, no charge of course, and we will be having lunch together next VFr weekend as well. My MX shop owner is also a PPl and goes up with me once in a while. If he flies it, I'm rather confident his work is GTG. Mistakes happen though.

I did a solid preflight, checked for tools, rags, etc. looked over bolts/ nuts everywhere... Basically did the best preflight I've ever done. Something behind the panel or hidden in a crevice under the cowl is just not going to get a lot of attention due to access.

If anything, I learned about some of the systems in the 2 hours we spent scratching our heads. Traced wires, used volt meters, tested parts, opens access panels, etc. he gave me a flashlight and a mirror and through process of elimination, worked it out.

Ever since I had a 'catch' in my flight controls, I look up under the panel after shop work and work the controls to their full stops.

I had a coaxial cable once that was grabbing the T-apparatus after shop work. All it needed was a cable tie, but it could have been bad...

That's the way you find electrical problems, start at one end with the meter and crawl the circuit until you find the problem.

That's the way you find electrical problems, start at one end with the meter and crawl the circuit until you find the problem.

Well, we teach a faster method that is pretty standard in the industry. Start at one end, verify. Go to the other end, verify. Split into halves. Test in the middle, verify. If good (or not good), go halfway to the load (or the source). Verify. Keep splitting in halves until you find the problem.

It is called binary troubleshooting and it generally cuts the time in half to find the problem.

Thanks,

jim

They have made it right on my and, no charge of course, and we will be having lunch together next VFr weekend as well. My MX shop owner is also a PPl and goes up with me once in a while. If he flies it, I'm rather confident his work is GTG. Mistakes happen though.

I did a solid preflight, checked for tools, rags, etc. looked over bolts/ nuts everywhere... Basically did the best preflight I've ever done. Something behind the panel or hidden in a crevice under the cowl is just not going to get a lot of attention due to access.

If anything, I learned about some of the systems in the 2 hours we spent scratching our heads. Traced wires, used volt meters, tested parts, opens access panels, etc. he gave me a flashlight and a mirror and through process of elimination, worked it out.

Good to hear!

Well, we teach a faster method that is pretty standard in the industry. Start at one end, verify. Go to the other end, verify. Split into halves. Test in the middle, verify. If good (or not good), go halfway to the load (or the source). Verify. Keep splitting in halves until you find the problem.

It is called binary troubleshooting and it generally cuts the time in half to find the problem.

Thanks,

jim

Interesting, I'll try that next time, thanks.

I'm happy for ya, Good thing you didn't have a drunken Azz hole to deal with.

Some facilities would have stone walled you.

Back