eFile issues

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
I filed my taxes using TaxAct and efiled for the first time. The state sent a letter saying I owed taxes and penalty. I called and they said that I was missing a form. They say most of their calls are for missing forms due to efiling.
It turns out that my investment company sent me the forms to file with the state and I had to include them in my filing. I faxed it to the state and was told to check back in two weeks. I should be getting a refund. I guess from now on I'll have to mail it in to make sure all the forms are there.

Yeah depending on the company, some things you can do will always get you paperwork from them that has to be mailed even if you e-file.

My tax person notices those and makes up a pre-addressed envelope and puts the postage on it (nice of them, considering what we pay them to prepare the taxes) with a sticky note for what to put inside each envelope when we get the packet of paperwork back from them every year.

Ive never sent a copy of any form when I eFile my taxes, and never gotten a letter from the Fed or the SoM requesting any.

For my personal taxes I have never sent in a form when efiling.

Business taxes was different though.

This is only part of why I never efile. The charge to do so keeps me from experiencing this type of problem.

I've been doing TurboTax for the past few years and yes there are some things you have to print out and mail in occasionally.

Back