EFB-91 for PALM

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I've had the CAVU EFB-91 program for Palm for quite a few years on my Palm IIIc handheld. And that's the problem of the moment. The IIIc is no longer supported. Luckily, mine still works but I can't HotSync it because I think some of the program's gizzards got lost during one or more sick bay visits of my PC. HOWEVER, I also have the later Palm TX which is still supported and I can HotSync that one. What I'd like to do is transfer the EFB-91 program to my TX but I'm up against a brick wall in that a search doesn't show any evidence of the original EFB-91 download in my system.

If any PoA has the program to "share," that would be great. I talked with CAVU today and the guy even told me when I bought it; but it's not in their offerings anymore except for the EFB PRO(at several hundred dollars). HELP!

HR

I've had the CAVU EFB-91 program for Palm for quite a few years on my Palm IIIc handheld. And that's the problem of the moment. The IIIc is no longer supported. Luckily, mine still works but I can't HotSync it because I think some of the program's gizzards got lost during one or more sick bay visits of my PC. HOWEVER, I also have the later Palm TX which is still supported and I can HotSync that one. What I'd like to do is transfer the EFB-91 program to my TX but I'm up against a brick wall in that a search doesn't show any evidence of the original EFB-91 download in my system.

If any PoA has the program to "share," that would be great. I talked with CAVU today and the guy even told me when I bought it; but it's not in their offerings anymore except for the EFB PRO(at several hundred dollars). HELP!

HR

Have you tried beaming it from one to the other?

:eek:) If I the techie idiot can learn how to do it I'll try that. I don't have USER MANUAL(s) for either unit.

Will "beaming" transfer the entire Application or only the personal and aircraft data which I had inserted? It isn't necessarily a great program but for $24.95(back then) it has a lot of useful factors.

HR

:eek:) If I the techie idiot can learn how to do it I'll try that. I don't have USER MANUAL(s) for either unit.

Will "beaming" transfer the entire Application or only the personal and aircraft data which I had inserted? It isn't necessarily a great program but for $24.95(back then) it has a lot of useful factors.

HR

There's an option for beaming an entire application.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6506_beam-file-another.html

There's an option for beaming an entire application.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6506_beam-file-another.html

Thanks for the Link. Thus far(before just now reading your post), I've been to the IIIc "Searching" and ½ minute later indicating "Could not find a receiving handheld computer" message. Suspicion is that the TX wasn't "set" properly. The EFB-91 APP does not have a Lock icon near it. The IIIc, though no longer supported, has sentimental value and I'm glad that it is still in otherwise working condition.
When I flew the flight that culminated in the attached photo I had the IIIc between my legs, having used one or more of its aviation programs during the legs of the flight. Two weeks AFTER the accident, and during A & P work being done on the plane I was told, "We found your computer." The IIIc was totally wrapped within the wiring harness up and under the plane's panel and it was difficult to get it removed from its wrappings. That was in 2004; and the little sucker is still working. Both units are now recharging pending my following your Link's guidelines.

Oh; the plane still works, too. The 2nd photo was after the considerable "buffing right out" scenario.

HR

Attachments

• N7872G on March 14.jpg
    N7872G on March 14.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 3
  • N7872G Avatar.jpg
    N7872G Avatar.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the Link. Thus far(before just now reading your post), I've been to the IIIc "Searching" and ½ minute later indicating "Could not find a receiving handheld computer" message. Suspicion is that the TX wasn't "set" properly. The EFB-91 APP does not have a Lock icon near it. The IIIc, though no longer supported, has sentimental value and I'm glad that it is still in otherwise working condition.
When I flew the flight that culminated in the attached photo I had the IIIc between my legs, having used one or more of its aviation programs during the legs of the flight. Two weeks AFTER the accident, and during A & P work being done on the plane I was told, "We found your computer." The IIIc was totally wrapped within the wiring harness up and under the plane's panel and it was difficult to get it removed from its wrappings. That was in 2004; and the little sucker is still working. Both units are now recharging pending my following your Link's guidelines.

Oh; the plane still works, too. The 2nd photo was after the considerable "buffing right out" scenario.

HR

You may need to set the TX to accept an application, or otherwise enable the IR port. I don't have one handy, so cannot tell you what steps you need to go through to do that.

You should still be able to hotsync the IIIc, locate the program file (it has a prc extention) and install that into your TX.

Worst case is bring it to the seaplane flyin in Greenville and I'll fix it up for you.

Back