eFax Services, recommendations?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Besides the obvious eFax, does this group have any recommendations for an electronic fax solution for a small business? At this time, we send very few documents this way, and receive less than 200 legit pages.

Most times, email suffices, but we still have a few custy customer's still not used to opening PDF's and need to send faxes. Plus when we require a signature on a document, we need to receive the faxed document.

I tried Hello Fax, and was not satisfied.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Been using faxpipe for years. Works exactly as advertised, and they have always answered email and phone inquiries immediately.

Owner is a pilot too. :)

I have a RingCentral account for other purposes. I use it periodically for faxes when people insist on such. Incoming faxes just get emailed to me as a pdf. I can upload outgoing ones through their website for transmission.

I use whatever utility the printer/scanner/fax machine comes with.:dunno:

I looked around and have been happy with and been using efax paid service for the past few years for the same scenario as yours. None of the others seemed to be as stable or reliable as efax.

I am sure most do, but you can configure efax to send you the fax as a pdf to your email. If you have Acrobat Pro, you can use the typewriter tool to fill in any .pdf's (except secure .pdf sometimes sent by banks) then I have a "stamp" set up with my signature to sign and fax back the pdf document as a fax vie efax all done on my computer from anywhere without having to print a thing.

I just finally killed my fax land line and now just scan any docs into PDF then efax. I tuned my business land line fax # into a remote call forwarding # and forward it to my efax # so that I still own the fax #, not efax.

Kinda stupid when a company can not email a doc and need to send a receive via fax...it is the same process on my end now either way! You are gonna get a email copy of the doc or a print out of the same digital copy via the fax!

Last edited:
Thanks Shawn.

A few of my needs are documents that I want signatures on. Things like Credit Card authorizations, and Credit Account Applications.

Your system seems like it would fit my needs too.

I don't remember what the exact process was to set it up, but one of my IT buddies scanned my signature into a .TIF file then we created a "stamp" under "Comment and Markup" tools in acrobat pro which allows me to put my signature with no background anywhere on a pdf.

Between that and the typewriter tool, no need to ever print out a document to fill it out again (unless they send a secured PDF, which I haven't figured out how to get around that)

Even if they send me a .doc or excel form, I just first digitally "print" it to a pdf then fill out with above method and send back as a pdf

Cant do it in adobe reader though, has to be acrobat pro.

Last edited:
Fortunately, have pro

We us ring central for our fax service. They email all our received faxes to us as PDFs. Print what you need. It works quite well.

Back