Edit post in Tapatalk

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
One of the forums I participate in allows post editing via the Tapatalk interface. PoA doesn't.

Is it a deliberate decision, or just a missed checkbox somewhere?

Just curious more than anything.

I could probably find out which version of the Tapatalk plug-in they are using. Pretty sure they're a highly modified version of vBulletin also. Similar site setup, technically, I think.

Not trying to make work for anyone, not a big deal in the slightest.

Do you mean you cannot edit post with your phone or ipaddithing?

I can with my driod phone and xoom.

I am anti ianything.

Last edited:
I have no problem editing my PoA posts with Tapatalk on my Droid.

I've edited posts in Tapatalk on the iPhone.

Edit: Hmm, I used to be able to do it under "more" but now it seems that editing is not an option. Wait, I think I know now...

Ok I figured out how to do it. This last paragraph was edited on an iPhone using Tapatalk. For most users it's probably under the "more" option. I have slightly different controls so it's hard to say what other people see.

Last edited:
Just tried it on the iPad, no problem.

Long press your post; a menu pops up. Edit is one of the options.

Nate, ou might want to get checked out . Seems to me that you are starting to be the ONLY on experiencing some oddities first plain Claritin sends you loopy then your he only one who can't edit n Tappa Talk. Mmmmm :)

Seriously, have not had a problem like that with Tappa Talk.

Interesting. It's in the main menu on the iPad on another site and in more menu here. That or one of the never ending software updates changed it. LOL.

Thanks all.

Interesting. It's in the main menu on the iPad on another site and in more menu here. That or one of the never ending software updates changed it. LOL.

Thanks all.

I've updated tapatalk within the last 45 days. The only difference that I can think of is whether or not they're using the same major version of vB.

Test baseline post via tapatalk 1.14 on iPhone 4s.
Edit - click and hold message, select More when it pops up, modify, edit message successful
"I'm sorry, sir. The light bulb works in my cubicle."

Okay, I'm not crazy.

Screenshots of latest Tapatalk HD and Tapatalk (standard) from iPad.

Note there's no "Edit" in the menus.

a6asu9eq.jpg

4avarypy.jpg

Maybe it's this... Let me see if I can edit this "fresh" post before someone else posts after me.

What does it say when you click on "moderate"? That's where I can edit but I thought I had special powers. :D

Well, that's the trick. Moderate. What a dumb place to hide that in the App. Haha.

(I'd not think to click on Moderate, because I'm not a moderator!)

Appears also that Tapatalk has the Moderation feature, but not Tapatalk HD. Interesting. Even weirder, it's not mentioned at all in the Tapatalk forums.

It was never a huge deal... Just hit web view and do it there. It's mostly a curiosity to me about why and how...

Thanks.

I'm running v1.4.1 of Tapatalk HD on my iPad, Nate. What are you running?

Here's what I see:

IMAGE_21A8603A-EE89-427B-9C73-A3C4444830F4.jpg

Last edited:
If you go to About TapaTalk > Advanced > Clear Cache, kill the app, come back in, does that fix it?

Your screenshot didn't come thru, Troy.

Tried clearing the cache today. Still looks the same in Tapatalk HD 1.4.1.

erejyta2.jpg

Yep. See it now.

Huh. You have an Edit button. Fascinating.

Maybe I'm on Super Double Secret Probation and don't know it. ;) ;) ;)

Cool. Never seen the VPN annunciation on the iPad.

Haha. Hmm. I guess I forgot to disconnect from work. ;)

Luckily it's a split tunnel VPN, so I ain't bothering anyone in the Security Dept. reading my PoA posts. ;)

I had it on earlier to move inter-office Instant Messaging (internal XMPP server) over to the iPad when I was out of screen real-estate on the MacBook. :)

Chat on iPad, work on laptop.

Funny thing was, the iPad was providing the data for the laptop via 3/4G at the time via wifi sharing. So iPad on cell data, MacBook hooked to that, both on the VPN separately. Heh.

Toys. Gotta love it.

Back