Edible Drones

With a max range of five miles (being generous), I fail to see how this makes any sense whatsoever. A helicopter drop would be cheaper and far more effective. Maybe it’s an interesting engineering challenge, but solving for a better payload to total mass ratio by making a one use vehicle that can carry one meal is a net loser by a huge margin.

Ah man, thought this was referencing the video where a shark jumps and gobbles up a drone…

With a max range of five miles (being generous), I fail to see how this makes any sense whatsoever. A helicopter drop would be cheaper and far more effective. Maybe it’s an interesting engineering challenge, but solving for a better payload to total mass ratio by making a one use vehicle that can carry one meal is a net loser by a huge margin.
Maybe if they had a hershey bar wing.

If it was just FIKI, that would be icing on the cake.

One use , one meal , limited distance sounds like something the government could get into.

One use , one meal , limited distance sounds like something the government could get into.

Probably go the way of the flying coffee cup…they couldn’t get The whole thing to fly, only the saucer.

Want to lose weight? Starve yourself on tasteless rice cakes.

Want to die in an emergency situation? Rely on rice cakes to keep you alive...

Only in third world countries and Whole Foods stores are rice cakes considered food...

It's just research. Figure out what can be done, then eventually maybe figure out some way to use the lessons learned for something practical.

It's just research. Figure out what can be done, then eventually maybe figure out some way to use the lessons learned for something practical.
Yeah, I'm sure someday airplanes made out of food will save people. ;)

Back