Ed Fred in the Big Sky

drhunt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Moose Air
I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with Ed today at Glacier Park International (KFCA), on his whirlwind tour of the west. Fortunately, the weather was more favorable today than it has been for a while. Ed flew out of Billings, MT this morning, stopped for lunch & hangar talk and just departed for his second and last leg of the day to Couer d'Alene, ID (COE). Quite an adventure! I've attached a couple shots of his brief visit.

drhunt said:
I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with Ed today at Glacier Park International (KFCA), on his whirlwind tour of the west. Fortunately, the weather was more favorable today than it has been for a while. Ed flew out of Billings, MT this morning, stopped for lunch & hangar talk and just departed for his second and last leg of the day to Couer d'Alene, ID (COE). Quite an adventure! I've attached a couple shots of his brief visit.

That is so great. I cant believe he is going it alone. I would get sooo bored by the time i got to kansas...But good for him. He is expected out my way by the weekend..I think..

Michael

Yes, Ed said he was planning a stop to see you. Pretty amazing geographic diversity he's experiencing on this trip. It was a balmy day here - 80 degrees! Probably a bit warmer down your way ;) Lake Havasu forecast:

M T W Th F
118 122 120 119 119
87 91 94 92 91

Last edited:
but its a dry heat. Bwahh ha ha

My brain is melting out here...

Michael said:
but its a dry heat. Bwahh ha ha

My brain is melting out here...
Awww, tough it out. It's only a few months. Monsoons will be here soon...not that you have to worry too much. Havasu doesn't see them all that often. ;)

You want some rock-n-roll fun, fly down to Tucson on an August afternoon. There's a whole lot of bouncin' going on!

I got to meet him BEFORE he left. He stopped at SAW for fuel and gave me a call...Nice bird!

drhunt said:

Great photos! I know he must be having fun!

Hey - no talking about me when I'm not online! :p

Had a great time meeting David...and it's a good thing I limited my time in Glacier because if I stayed there too long I'd be looking for a place up there to live. I'm in Coeur D'Alene right now. I'll post a couple photos from the flight today. I was going to post them to my website, but today I alone I took 105 pictures. Over 40MB of photos. When this wholr trip gets done I'm going to just make a CD of the whole trip. I think I've taken over 215 pictures in three days. And a day and a half of that was flat land!

Picture 119 is the Crazy Mountains west of Billings
Picture 128 is Canyon Ferry Lake east of Helena
Picture 166 is Flathead Lake south of Kalispell
Picture 192 is the Cabinet Gorge Resevoir and in the distance is Lake Pend Orielle.

David - I ended up flying that canyon - because - well I could, and the drop off to Lake Pend is awesome. Glad I flew that instead of just direct.

Ed,

You're living the dream. I think your tour is very cool indeed. It's something I wish I would (could) have done a long time ago. Keep us updated.

I see blue sky in your photo of the Cabinets...that gives you lots of options. What a difference a day makes as I couldn't get into Spokane from here yesterday. I'm glad the weather worked out for you and I'm very glad that you stopped by. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

gibbons said:
Ed,

You're living the dream. I think your tour is very cool indeed. It's something I wish I would (could) have done a long time ago. Keep us updated.

Will do. Gonna head downstairs and get something to eat, and type up the write up when I get back up here. Looks like I'm going to miss every system there is so far. The Pac NW forecast - clear. Reno area - clear. Those were my worry spots for the trip.

Michael - PM me your cell number so I can let you know when I'm getting into Havasu

Chip - I'll be in PTS in about a week. You never did take Ron up on the challenge to try and make me sick in the Extra (wink, wink). I missed Rudy at Gastons and I know he flies out of PTS, so maybe a mini gathering with Tom and Diana, yourself and Rudy and his grandpa might work out?

N2212R said:
Chip - I'll be in PTS in about a week. You never did take Ron up on the challenge to try and make me sick in the Extra (wink, wink).
Hey, my claim to fame is that I've never made anyone sick in the Extra. If I'm around and the weather is good you've got a ride. Keep me posted on the date and time. You've got a ride if you want one.

N2212R said:
I missed Rudy at Gastons and I know he flies out of PTS, so maybe a mini gathering with Tom and Diana, yourself and Rudy and his grandpa might work out?

Sounds like a good plan. Just let us know and we'll be there!

Glad you're having a great trip so far. :)

N2212R said:
Hey - no talking about me when I'm not online! :p.....

Hey, that's what friends are for! :yes:

Fly safe. I am so jealous. What a great trip.

N2212R said:
Will do. Gonna head downstairs and get something to eat, and type up the write up when I get back up here. Looks like I'm going to miss every system there is so far. The Pac NW forecast - clear. Reno area - clear. Those were my worry spots for the trip.

Michael - PM me your cell number so I can let you know when I'm getting into Havasu

Chip - I'll be in PTS in about a week. You never did take Ron up on the challenge to try and make me sick in the Extra (wink, wink). I missed Rudy at Gastons and I know he flies out of PTS, so maybe a mini gathering with Tom and Diana, yourself and Rudy and his grandpa might work out?
Yeah, definitely i will write it down and i will definitely be out there, Diana said the 22nd, hope to see you guys there.

I'll be in PTS in about a week. You never did take Ron up on the challenge to try and make me sick in the Extra (wink, wink). I missed Rudy at Gastons and I know he flies out of PTS, so maybe a mini gathering with Tom and Diana, yourself and Rudy and his grandpa might work out?[/QUOTE]

I'll go for that, might even spring for lunch on Grandpa.:goofy:

Jim

I just got done spending the afternoon with Michael Driggs here in VERY hot Lake Havasu. I think it got up to about 120 degrees here today. Gonna try and get out to Bryce Canyon and into New Mexico before the Pop-up T-storms start in the afternoons. Weather permitting...PTS looks like a Monday stop. As in the 18th or so. I don't even know what day it is anymore. So this is what vacations are like.

N2212R said:
Weather permitting...PTS looks like a Monday stop. As in the 18th or so.
Sounds good! Let us know. Monday is better for us; we are leaving for OSH on Friday.

N2212R said:
I don't even know what day it is anymore. So this is what vacations are like.

Yep. Sounds like you need to take more vacations. :)

Boy - I sure hope that you are taking massive amounts of pictures. This sounds like a freaking blast.

NickDBrennan said:
Boy - I sure hope that you are taking massive amounts of pictures. This sounds like a freaking blast.

I've taken over 560 pictures so far. I'll be burning a CD when I get back and sending to everyone I've met along the way.

N2212R said:
I just got done spending the afternoon with Michael Driggs here in VERY hot Lake Havasu. I think it got up to about 120 degrees here today.

But again...Its a dry heat.

N2212R said:
I just got done spending the afternoon with Michael Driggs here in VERY hot Lake Havasu. I think it got up to about 120 degrees here today. Gonna try and get out to Bryce Canyon and into New Mexico before the Pop-up T-storms start in the afternoons. Weather permitting...PTS looks like a Monday stop. As in the 18th or so. I don't even know what day it is anymore. So this is what vacations are like.
i will be there tommorow, definitely. Just let me know

Back