Eclipse ride only $3,590 for 300 miles <g>

I saw that story as well. I'd think there would be a substantial number of commuter flights to be more beneficial and a heck of a lot cheaper than that for four people. That's assuming four people want to squeeze in that sardine can?

Anyone else seen the Eclipse "cabin"? Cabin size, there's more room in a 206.

I suspect their air-taxi service -- jet-wise -- will suffer a lot of growing pains.
I know one person who made a very good profit with his Eclipse 500 -- position.
He became frustrated with the lengthy delays and sold his "slot" to another owner
to-be.

HR

Well, one of the fellas on the Beechlist says it could be competitive out of Boston to NYC, Philly or Wash DC. Guess I wasn't thinking on those terms, but aren't there a lot of shuttles that are tightly scheduled and pretty cheap?

Would one have to wait until they had a full plane or pay more? Could one have any significant baggage on that plane if it was full? I really don't understand the two person crew on this. I thought single pilot would be a significant advantage.

Best,

Dave

I'm a betting man, Dave, that guy in the right seat is not being paid much.

The jet, which will be flown by a two-pilot crew, will be available for trips departing from Boston, New York, or Washington. Linear Air expects to add a second Eclipse jet to its fleet soon

I didn't know one airplane could be a fleet... or two for that matter (wouldn't that be a pair of airplanes??)...

:D

Another thing... does it really cost 3600/hr to operate an Eclipse and make a profit?? I know a gentleman that regularly charters a Lear 55 for not much more than that...

Linear Air has been around for a while with Caravans and something else (I forget). DayJets also just opened their doors last week or the week before doing the same thing in the same airframe down in FLA...it's an interesting thought, if nothing else. Heard an Eclipse driver on BOS Center the other night...the controller asked him how he liked the new a/c and the pilot (not surprisingly) was very happy with it; we'll see what the passengers think.

Well, one of the fellas on the Beechlist says it could be competitive out of Boston to NYC, Philly or Wash DC. Guess I wasn't thinking on those terms, but aren't there a lot of shuttles that are tightly scheduled and pretty cheap?

Would one have to wait until they had a full plane or pay more? Could one have any significant baggage on that plane if it was full? I really don't understand the two person crew on this. I thought single pilot would be a significant advantage.

Best,

Dave

Agreed, even the Acela train is a pretty good option when commuting between big cities in the NE. You get on and off, down town in no more than 5 minutes. When you factor in, traveling to the airport, parking, waiting for security etc. The train isn't too bad. Elipse air taxi services in the NE will have considerable challenges.

Back