Ebay conflict resolution, what is the protocol?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
The successful bidder on my item did not contact me as promised (Sunday) to give shipping instructions. I have received no replies to my emails or ebay messages.
What is the normal procedure? How long does a person wait before doing....exactly what? Leave negative feedback? Offer to next bidder in line? Relist?

The successful bidder on my item did not contact me as promised (Sunday) to give shipping instructions. I have received no replies to my emails or ebay messages.
What is the normal procedure? How long does a person wait before doing....exactly what? Leave negative feedback? Offer to next bidder in line? Relist?

Here is the link to E-bays page on this Dave. I have only had one occasion to use it, and the dude payed up after E-Bay contacted him. Only other solution is to report it and then relist the item. I have also offered it to the next guy down the bidder list.(Second Chance Offer)
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html

Last edited:

Whudja sell, Dave?

I'd relax for a few more days. Anything could have happened. We're all too spoiled by instant gratification. Anyone remember "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"?

Give they person about 14 days (e-mail every 3 days) and then report them to E-Bay. 95% will be resolved with E-bay. If no resolution then give them a negative mark and relist.

Thanks, the buyer paid up. Got all sorts of warnings about the buyer being unverified, and sending to an unverified address, chargebacks and such.
I guess its not over til its over.

"Unverified," indeed; that's their way of trying to stigmatize anyone who does not choose to allow them access to bank account information. I just want them to ding my credit card, not have access to my bank account.

"Unverified," indeed; that's their way of trying to stigmatize anyone who does not choose to allow them access to bank account information. I just want them to ding my credit card, not have access to my bank account.
Yes. Don't let "Unverified" put you off. I don't want to give them access to my bank account, either. They plaster that word all over the place to coerce us.

I suppose it is possible for a buyer to claim they did not receive it or did not like it, and make a claim against your credit card?

I suppose it is possible for a buyer to claim they did not receive it or did not like it, and make a claim against your credit card?

"Verified" or "unverified" makes these events no more or less likely.

All "verified" means is that the PayPal member gave PayPal their bank account information and confirmed a couple of tiny transactions to that account.

It also means PayPal can go and ding your account, directly.

"Trust them, not I do" (said Yoda).

When you're "verified" and any random scum claims you ripped them off or a credit card gets charged back, PayPal just takes the money from your checking account. If/when you get the money back, the process takes 6 months.

Last edited:
When you're "verified" and any random scum claims you ripped them off or a credit card gets charged back, PayPal just takes the money from your checking account. If/when you get the money back, the process takes 6 months.

Hence, my reticence to become, "verified."

I have asked PayPal why they require the bank information, what the benefit of being "verified" is; they reply with doubletalk about improving the security of the transaction, blah, blah, blah. So I asked again about what benefit *I*, who use PayPal solely for the purpose of making credit card payments, derive from being "verified."

Same script-monkey replies.

Hence, my reticence to become, "verified."

I have asked PayPal why they require the bank information, what the benefit of being "verified" is; they reply with doubletalk about improving the security of the transaction, blah, blah, blah. So I asked again about what benefit *I*, who use PayPal solely for the purpose of making credit card payments, derive from being "verified."

Same script-monkey replies.

Just like how they "accidentally" change the payment option to be deduct from checking every time you hit the payment screen, even after you made it a credit card, and then when you change it to be credit card you always have to hit the [OK] button on the screen that says "Are you sure? Checking account payments are safe and secure."

They hate credit card charge backs. In fact if you read the TOS you have agreed not to ever do a charge back and if you do they can ...wait for it...take the money plus a $50 penalty from your linked checking account...at the same time they take the money back from the seller the same way.

I heard from an internet marketing guy that credit card charge backs cost the merchant around $50-$75 from the CC clearing service.

I have my PayPal account linked to an old checking account I never use and that doesn't get my paycheck.

Last edited:
Back