Eateries near KGNV

elmetal

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
elmetal
Hey all!

I am brand new to this website so I would like to say thank you for all those that can make it happen.

Secondly, I am bringing a friend, who has never been GA flying before, on a little trip this Thursday morning.

I was planning on leaving KGNV and heading down to X60 to check out that new restaurant, then maybe going to KCDK to show him the gulf and also a short runway.

What do y'all think?

First welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

I don't know what restaurant in Williston you are referring to so I cannot offer an opinion on that. I can offer an opinion on first GA flights. That is to keep it simple and short. Showing a short runway may not be the best idea until the person gets used to the idea and flying. I am sure that being told about all the procedures of how to deal with a short runway, while for those of us in know are no big deal, sound scary to newbies.

Take him for lunch, have a good time, go home. Save the gulf for the next trip. Like the old saying 'always leave them wanting more'. Better than making them regret going in the first place.

First welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

I don't know what restaurant in Williston you are referring to so I cannot offer an opinion on that. I can offer an opinion on first GA flights. That is to keep it simple and short. Showing a short runway may not be the best idea until the person gets used to the idea and flying. I am sure that being told about all the procedures of how to deal with a short runway, while for those of us in know are no big deal, sound scary to newbies.

Take him for lunch, have a good time, go home. Save the gulf for the next trip. Like the old saying 'always leave them wanting more'. Better than making them regret going in the first place.

that sounds like a good idea... I might have to leave him "hanging" more or less.

sweet!

it's called Pyper Kub I believe. it opened not too long ago (maybe end of last year) and I am hoping to see if there are some cool planes around the airport.

Williston is usually nice but I've never been there on a Thursday morning!

I like Williston. I am usually only there on the ground hauling scuba tanks. I have not flown into there at all. Closest place I landed would be Crystal River. Also a nice place. You can borrow the crew car there to hit a few restaurants. It being summer the snow birds are not all the place either and that can be a good thing. But my favorite cuban sandwich place in Xtal river closed up.

Short is relative. KCDK is ~2500 feet, and there are some good resturants in town. It does have water off of both ends and if it makes you nervous at all, I wouldn't do it with a new passenger.

Let us know about the resturant at Williston, though. I didn't even know there was one.

John

Back