Easy procedural question for you all - Airman Medical Record Request

OregonDucks609

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
OregonDucks609
A couple of quick questions for the FAA medical wizards on here. For context, I am submitting the form to have my airman medical records sent to a third party (and also doing one to have them sent to myself for my own record keeping while I'm at it). My plan is to populate these forms with the correct information and sign it within Adobe on a PDF with my actual signature using the pen on my tablet, which I have done countless times for work-related legal documents dealing with millions of dollars (read: not Docusign with generic scribbling or something like that). I would then e-fax this document to the FAA following their directions.

Question #1: What boxes do I need to check here for this? I'd hate to delay the process by checking the wrong box.

1698260306125.png

Question #2: The FAA type below the airman signature line at the bottom mentions "typed, printed, or electronic signatures is not acceptable." Does this mean I can't do what I'm planning or is the electronic signature referring to the generic e-signature used in services like Docusign so I should be fine with my actual signature, although it is technically electronic?

Thanks in advance!

The certified copy is bound up so that the third party knows that you've not altered any information. You should ask the person you're sending the paperwork to if they need the certified copy.

If you're going to FAX or email the scanned document, anything that looks like your signature is likely fine. I've been using Acrobat to paste my signature on forms from the FAA to the IRS etc... for years.

The fastest is the noncertified copy.
The certified copy is slower as it has to go through a few more steps. But if you have that, and enforcement is threatened, the AMCD cannot "miraculously find" a new document and add it to their side, if the date of the document is prior to the date the certified record was issued.

Well actually, they can, but then the judge really gives them a HARD time. Or so I've been told.

And yes, you must print the document, wet sign it and scan the completed document to send to them.

Thanks everyone. Has anyone had a hard time getting a fax to go through to the records line? They specify 405-954-9326 on the form but all of my faxes have failed so far.

Back