Eastern Airlines coming back (kind of)

Ok, I'll bet they merge with Southwest after a bankruptcy in the year 2032. The new name will be East-West Airlines...

Nice to see some people have faith in the economy and aviation. Hope they make a go of it.

"We have recruited a world-class board of directors and a highly experienced management team to guide and lead this effort."

So, they're going to build an airline on other people's money and then do the corporate raider trick leaving unpaid employees behind as well as a bunch of people holding worthless stock certificates while they bail out floating down on golden parachutes.

A couple of those old L10's & DC9's that are waiting on the scrap heap & it'll be just like old times.

So the rumor is that JetBlue is behind this to buy the certificate at a cheaper price and then re-brand.... Sounds nuts and brilliant at the same time

That doesn't make any sense. :dunno:

I agree JetBlue has the Market anyway so why bother ? Moreover eastern sucked anyway
I do bet Frank Lorenzo is getting his first wood in years out of this

Why in God's holy name would JetBlue want to have anything at all to do with the Eastern name? They've built a wonderful brand.

Maybe they should start up another Braniff while they're at it?

Why in God's holy name would JetBlue want to have anything at all to do with the Eastern name? They've built a wonderful brand.

Maybe they should start up another Braniff while they're at it?

Or Pan Am. If I recall correctly Pan Am has tried twice to come back from the dead. I googled the name and ran into an "all flights cancelled" notice.

I read somewhere years ago that someone bought "the valuable Pan Am name." I am a Pan Am fan but it seems like other names are finding success, not Pan Am. I wish Eastern the best in their efforts.

Yep, Eastern's name was one of the biggest assets after the bankruptcy.

Borman and Lorenzo are still alive. Marty Shugrue passed at a relatively young 58.

I guess it is less stressful to run an airline into the ground than trying to save it.

I read somewhere years ago that someone bought "the valuable Pan Am name." I am a Pan Am fan but it seems like other names are finding success, not Pan Am. I wish Eastern the best in their efforts.

It was a railroad in New England that bought the name.

Just what the world needs; another dirt bag, corrosion corner airline out of Miami.

Back