Earthquake! (Constantly)

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Maybe because I replaced the noisy air electric cleaner, we're noticing how much the house shakes due to the traffic out on the highway.

The windows, floors and roof beams vibrate.

I do have some new cracks in the ceiling.

I'm wondering if it due to a particular pothole or just 'cause the ground is frozen hard. I could report a pothole. I also could ask the village to do some speed limit enforcement. :mad3:

In any case, do I have need to be worried about long term damage to the house? :yikes:

Last edited:
It's GWB's fault! :D

It's GWB's fault! :D

It's Blago's fault. Illinois has been a nothing doing state since he got elected.

The IDOT guy told me personally that they barely have a dollar to work with these days.

They've been talking about fixing the roads in the county for 40 years. Our only hope is $1 billion from the latest U.S. stimulous plan will end some of the talking.

It's Blago's fault. Illinois has been a nothing doing state since he got elected.

The IDOT guy told me personally that they barely have a dollar to work with these days.

They've been talking about fixing the roads in the county for 40 years. Our only hope is $1 billion from the latest U.S. stimulous plan will end some of the talking.
It's Illinois. A billion from the feds won't put a pound of asphalt on the ground except as it benefits those who call the shots.

It's Illinois. A billion from the feds won't put a pound of asphalt on the ground except as it benefits those who call the shots.

Lessee.... $1,000,000,000 (total) / $5,000,000 (typical contract) * $50,000 campaign donation

The next guy (actually gal) will get a $10,000,000 campaign chest boost. Woot!

The only problem is what was the heat that made Blago go off the deep end by the end of the year. The new ethics law puts a crimp on some of that.

Back