Earnest Borgnine Died

What a great actor, and great body of work he had. My favorites movies he was in was "The Wild Bunch", "The Dirty Dozen", "Bad day at Black Rock", "Poseiden Adventure", and many others.

Loved McHales Navy as a kid. Borgnine was a Navy veteran, and served before, during, and after WWII.

The Flight of the Phoenix, Ice Station Zebra, Convoy.

And don't forget his stint on Spongebob as MermaidMan.

He was really, really Good in Marty, though the movie was utterly depressing.

He was really, really Good in Marty, though the movie was utterly depressing.

Agreed. Enjoyed his performance which was really a stretch for him, but didn't really "enjoy" the movie. Not one I choose to watch again. Many of his others I've watched several times.

He always seemed to be surrounded by other great actors in his films which is also a testament to his ability.

I happened to meet him, accidentally, in Milwaukee, about 25 years ago,. He was in town to lead the parade, as the Sun Bum, and we ended up sitting on the same bench, outside a diner.
He was as nice a guy as I could have hoped and wanted to chat about his new grand baby, his wife's (fifth one - I think he said) shopping trip for baby things, his Prevost bus and the cost of fuel and repairs, and the lousy state of the government.

Ever since they opened the floodgates with Clark Gable saying, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn", somebody's ears pricked up and said, "Oh boy, here we go!". Writers used to make such wonderful pictures without all that swearing, all that cursing. And now it seems that you can't say three words without cursing. And I don't think that's right.
This is one of the things I liked about him. I believe that a lot of movies are ruined by the needless use of foul language, sex, and more.

Nobody has said anything about the BEST work of his career - Airwolf!

Nobody has said anything about the BEST work of his career - Airwolf!

+1 for keeping it aviation-related! :thumbsup:

Ernest looked like and reminded me of my grandpa, so today's news bums me out just a little bit extra.

On the plus side, Abe Vigoda is still alive!

Airwolf--favorite TV show of all time:goofy:

Back