Early Model Cirrus Flaw

Almost be a shame to paint it.

Does cirrus still have life limits on the airframe?

I believe they do, I think it's part of the certification and they are modified (extended) as experience is gained with use. The airframe has been remarkably reliable and robust so far.

I think this plane will be listed for sale shortly and someone is going to be getting a nice plane.
Dad has gone through it and addressed every little issue the plane has, added a couple G5s, overhauled the engine, both 430s have been sent to Garmin to be re serviced (No idea what that entails but they are shiny now), new line cutters and bungees. While they are painting this he is having them repaint any blemishes, scratches, etc.

Needs a chute repack in 22 but we actually can't do the repack until then so the next guy will have to do it.
Current repacks are only for the 10 yr repacks. This is our 20 year and they bumped us to the back of the line.

I am completely unable to figure out how an adequate test flight program did not reveal this problem prior to production. Further, I don't understand why Cirrus isn't paying for these repairs as it is an obvious design flaw.
Because they don't have to pay, so they shouldn't.

Great looking repair. Someone will get a fine airplane ...

A cirrus flaw….flaw rhymes with slaw…..everybody loves slaw…..therefore everybody loves cirrus…..should sell in no time. Because slaw.

A cirrus flaw….flaw rhymes with slaw…..everybody loves slaw…..therefore everybody loves cirrus…..should sell in no time. Because slaw.

Shirley you can't be Cirrious ...

I know a stack of high society is a lot of money, but it seems pretty reasonable for that repair. Looks pretty well done.

Nice work, did it gain any weight?

Edit:

You know I didn't realize G1s only had one exhaust stack. That's a lot of heat coming out of one pipe, probably why they went dual later on.

Last edited:
I'll trade you my 172 for that CIrrus. Sounds fair.

Back