EAGLE'S VIEW AVIATION REVIEW IN MONMOUTH NJ

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
Trying to get my Private, starting to use Eagle's view aviation, besides for one guy online who can't stand them, just trying to see if anyone has experience with them??? Thanks guys.

Talk to independent CFIs. Talk to the local pilot shop. Talk to the local mechanics. Talk to the gas guys. Talk to pilots sitting in the lounge at the local airport.

Find out the per hour cost to fly with the school.

I asked the cost to fly the airplane.

I did not realize that the school did a two hour block with the CFI that was added to the hourly rate with the school.

DO NOT LET THE SCHOOL AUTO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD WHEN YOUR BALANCE FALLS TO A CERTAIN LEVEL.:yikes:

Last edited:
Marc, I don't know any thing about them. Ip will tell you that there are two reputable clubs at Lakewood NJ. One is called the Jersey Aero Club, I forget the other but I think they both offer instruction.

Thanks guys, and Adam the one in Lakewood you need to be a pilot to join their club.. The other offers instruction but you need to pay around 800 up front and then 35 a month its not terrible because the 152 is about 30 dollars cheaper than Eagles view after that but I think everything in the end comes out the same.. As it seems.. in the area.

152 is 100 an hours at Eagles view + 40 for CFI

Go to KMJX in Toms River. They have a 152, 2 flight director equipped 172s, a Seminole, and a 182 RG.

Oceanaire is the FBO name, www.oceanaire.net

I do not work for them, but my plane is based there, and I've gotten both my instrument, and Multi instrument from them.

I would recommend either Tom Trust, or Steve Korotky ( he is Chief Instructor and was my instructor for advanced ratings. )

Tell either that Bill sent ya, they'll square ya away. They are also part 141 if that's ya thing......good luck.....oh, and stay away from Eagle's View.....although Priscilla is very nice......they are very......shady.....YMMV.......

Good luck...

Bill
N2290T

1971 PA 28-235

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can vouch for Eagles View as a test center for taking the written exam. Priscilla was very helpful making sure the paperwork was in order prior to the test. Test materials and everything was perfect, very comfortable experience in that area at least.

Marc, I don't know any thing about them. Ip will tell you that there are two reputable clubs at Lakewood NJ. One is called the Jersey Aero Club, I forget the other but I think they both offer instruction.

This is the other club.

http://www.flymafc.com/

I was a member, some years ago, when they were based at Marlboro (which is gone now). They've been around a long time. A good club with a good fleet (flew 93KK quite a bit, and she was a sweetheart). They are organized and serious but keep it fun. I already had my PPASEL when I joined, but quickly realized I'd have been smart to learn to fly with a club. It might take a little longer, but not necessarily... and it will definitely be cheaper. This club in particular is probably still the best deal in the area, as clubs go.

I see their rates are based on Hobbs time,not tach time, nowadays, but the rates are low, and they include fuel. The money you lay out to join buys you a share of the fleet, and the dues pay for everything other than operating and maintaining the aircraft. When I was a member, they would trade the engines in at TBO time, and replace them with "zero timed" units. This usually results in a quicker turnaround time than having the plane sit there while the engine is overhauled.
In general, I never had any problems with aircraft maintenance, including down time for repairs, annuals, etc... not at all like the school I did my training with, which charged me a lot more, and often let me come out to the airport to fly a plane I'd reserved, only to find out "oh yeah, sorry we didn't call, it's in the shop." :mad:
They also have insurance for members, included in the membership.

All you have to do is contact them (or any club), ask if you can attend a meeting, talk to one of the member-instructors, look at the airplanes, etc. I highly recommend you do this before you commit to a commercial school.

Last edited:
The best thing about owning a piece in a club is that you generally do not need to buy renter's insurance - because you are named on the policy; if the club does instruction they KNOW you are a student and a student-risk already. There is only one entity to insure: that of the owner, who is both the club and the airman.

Factor in that cost!

Last edited:
Stronlgy considering to sign up for this club overall the costs will be similar but once I have my license I'm going to want to fly and thats where it'll be less. Its hard to wrap my head around the monthly costs..

Stronlgy considering to sign up for this club overall the costs will be similar but once I have my license I'm going to want to fly and thats where it'll be less. Its hard to wrap my head around the monthly costs..
It definitely won't seem to make sense some month when you can't fly (weather, your schedule, whatever), but I think, in the end, you'll feel it's worth it.

Back