EAA to the rescue!

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
So EAA teamed up with Dynon, Garmin, and the FAA to get STC approval for three EfISs in a whole bunch of certificated planes.

Old news.

The STC needs to be purchased direct from EAA.

Old news.

The cost? This is how they've earned my praise. $100US. OR 0.10 AMUs if you think that way.

That's AWESOME!

So EAA teamed up with Dynon, Garmin, and the FAA to get STC approval for three EfISs in a whole bunch of certificated planes.

Old news.

The STC needs to be purchased direct from EAA.

Old news.

The cost? This is how they've earned my praise. $100US. OR 0.10 AMUs if you think that way.

That's AWESOME!
The 100 price point is old news too. :)

This is why EAA seems to get it while AOPA doesn't.

That's awesome! I just hope they come up with something to replace the AI and the DG. I love the Aspen unit but way too expensive for me.

We've got a G5 in the club 172 and I love it, especially for IFR.

I took this pic earlier today, I climbed up a bit to catch a decent tailwind.

Attachments

• IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 70
That's awesome! I just hope they come up with something to replace the AI and the DG.

Look at the pics above... everything is on there. Legally it is primary for attitude only, but the secondary information is all still there.

Look at the pics above... everything is on there. Legally it is primary for attitude only, but the secondary information is all still there.

Yes, but I would love be able to ditch the DG and vacuum system as well. The Aspen would be perfect but just too pricey.

Id buy one ricky tik, but my AP is driven by the AI. Cant do much right now. No extra holes, nothing I want to remove.

Id buy one ricky tik, but my AP is driven by the AI. Cant do much right now. No extra holes, nothing I want to remove.

So is mine, that shouldn't be a problem. If you're willing to lose the TC, just move the AI into the TC spot. Done. No loss of your Piper OEM old school autopilot (which actually requires BOTH the AI and DG as inputs), and you gain two AIs. Seems like a good trade.

So is mine, that shouldn't be a problem. If you're willing to lose the TC, just move the AI into the TC spot. Done. No loss of your Piper OEM old school autopilot (which actually requires BOTH the AI and DG as inputs), and you gain two AIs. Seems like a good trade.

I dont think the G5 ball/slip indicator is certified. Only the AI is. For IFR ops, where are you getting your rate of turn info?

I dont think the G5 ball/slip indicator is certified. Only the AI is. For IFR ops, where are you getting your rate of turn info?

Just read the actual STC and if its the primary, you must retain the TC. No dice.

Just read the actual STC and if its the primary, you must retain the TC. No dice.

Interesting. I only bring this up because AC 91-75 allows for the TC to be outright replaced by a second AI that doesn't share a common powering source with the first one. As to the inclinometer usually found inside the TC, a stand-alone inclinometer it can be installed in the panel individually or adjoined to the attitude instrument if the latter is hardware capable.

I wonder why the STC in question would be restrictive about an outdated instrument such as the TC, when another advisory circular makes it legal for its removal for IFR operations.

No clue. Its on page one of the STC. We dont get to double dip on it.

Doesn't the G5 use a GPS track as well vs a mag heading?

Back