SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
EAA E-hotline newsletter said:
AIRMEN MEDICAL CERTIFICATE DURATION EXTENDED
Proposal responds to EAA, industry requests
The FAA's plan to extend the duration of first- and third-class airmen medical certificates for pilots under age 40 was announced in a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) published Tuesday, April 10. The NPRM (Docket Number FAA-2007-27812) echoes Marion Blakey's announcement made during her "Meet the Administrator" session at EAA AirVenture last year: First-class medical certificates for pilots under age 40 would be extended from six months to a year and third-class medicals from three years to five years. Such action will help to make more resources available to accelerate the medical certification process for private pilots that need third class special issuance medical certificates.

That's awesome!!! I hope it takes.

I wish they'd extend third classes for those of us over 40, maybe at least for those 40-60, and give us three years now that the under 40s will have 5.

Still, it's a good move.

Wow .. common sense. Imagine the concept.

Mine's up this month .. but I doubt I'll renew it unless there's
some compelling reason to down the road. (like the lottery fairy
comes and I want to buy a Lear).

I'm just going to do the SP thing for now since that'll work for
me and my plane I built.

RT

I'd prefer they would do away with class 3 and let an annual phyus with your local GP cover it. But then, I even think that if you can pass a class 1, you should be allowed to keep your job.
Some 80+ are better pilots than most 60+ drivers.

Gosh, Sheri - ya don't look a DAY over 39 and 51/12ths!!

Ok, really, not a day over 28 ... ;)

How come the youngsters get all the breaks?:dunno: Now if they just would come up with a break on the price of avgas for us seniors? :D Where is AARP when you need em?
Ron

How come the youngsters get all the breaks?:dunno: Now if they just would come up with a break on the price of avgas for us seniors? :D Where is AARP when you need em?
Ron
AARP is the American Association of Retired Pilots?

AARP is the American Association of Retired Pilots?

It is indeed. Here is a picture of them at their last convention
acoffee.jpg

Back