EAA Releases the 2009 Schedule of Mass Arrivals

TeenDoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TeenDoc
***** Cross-posted on other aviation forums *****​

Pilots and Friends,

EAA has just released the official schedule of the 2009 Mass Arrivals. We're officially a go for July 25th at 2:30 pm, local time. Woohooo!!!

For a detail account of this release, visit EAA AirVenture website or our website at www.cessnas2oshkosh.com and follow the first link under News & Events. You may also follow this link.

Those of you who know me know I'm involved with Cessnas 2 Oshkosh. I want to reiterate our invitation to all those Cessna pilots in this forum to join us in the party. For more information on how to sign up for the arrival and participate in one of our training clinics, visit our website at www.cessnas2oshkosh.com.

It never ceases to amaze me that certified aircraft drivers think it is cool to have a mass arrival at an EAA airshow. Just seems out of place to me, that's all.

Isn't it just one ongoing mass arrival (along with mass departures after the each day's airshow) for the entire run of the show?

It never ceases to amaze me that certified aircraft drivers think it is cool to have a mass arrival at an EAA airshow. Just seems out of place to me, that's all.

Really? I mean, I know the call themselves the "Experimental" aircraft association, but it seems they've come to represent a larger area, that is, ALL aviation for the fun of it.

I mean, how many big announcements from Cessna, Cirrus, et al happen at the show? And for that matter, look at the big sponsors of the show: Ford, Honda, John Deere, Harley Davidson, Mercury Outboards, etc. etc. I mean, that stuff has nothing to do with aviation at all!

I don't participate in the mass arrival as I am usually still over in Michigan flying seaplanes, but I still think they're pretty cool. :yes:

The key for mass arrivals is so you can park with a group. I'm part of a mini-mass arrival. We have a group of 15 or so planes that land as a group so we can camp together. We co-ordinate with osh authorities so they know we are coming we just don't get the press due to our small size.

Oshkosh has so far outgrown the "experimental" part of EAA it is not even funny.

That is like saying Kleenex when needing a tissue, you do not need an actual Kleenex, just a tissue.

EAA is simply the group that started, and now manages, Oshkosh, but it is not beholden to the Experimental in its name for this event.

Back