EAA 268 April flyout - North Georgia

Richard O

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Richard O.
EAA Chapter 268 will have it's next monthly flyout on April 7. We're flying down to Peach State Aerodrome (GA2) for lunch at Barnstormers Grill. Everyone is invited. More information is available on our website: www.eaa268.org

Richard, keep the thread bumped on this one. That's a place I'd love to see from what I keep hearing.

It might even be a chance to get a lot more folks from the area together as the first unofficial gathering for GPA.

Tom?

Sounds great to me! I have been to Peachstate many times, though never in my plane. It is a nice place, though the runway slope can be unforgiving to heavily loaded planes on really hot days!

Sounds great to me! I have been to Peachstate many times, though never in my plane. It is a nice place, though the runway slope can be unforgiving to heavily loaded planes on really hot days!
Yeah I intentionally scheduled this one for a spring flyout. There's a video of me landing and taking off from it on the chapter website. There was really nothing to it. The approaches from both ends are good and the runway is wide.

Yeah I intentionally scheduled this one for a spring flyout. There's a video of me landing and taking off from it on the chapter website. There was really nothing to it. The approaches from both ends are good and the runway is wide.

How smooth is the surface?

How smooth is the surface?
I didn't see any dips or potholes that looked like it could cause a problem. The day we were there the grass was mowed low so no problem with grass stains on the wheel pants. Maybe someone that has been there more than I have would be better able to answer the question.

They recently re-rolled it and re-seeded, I think right around the end of last year. It should be in good shape.

The biggest problem is the summer time and the upslope in one direction...it has bit a plane or two.

Just wanted to remind you guys about this. The forcast for Saturday is mostly sunny and a high of 56.

I should be there Richard, in a car or a plane, but I should be there! I hope the runway dries out though with all of the rain we have been getting lately.

Back