Dynon, iPad and Foreflight...

AGLyme

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
Noted the Dynon forum is still down... bummer. I was wondering if someone can assist please. So, a couple of months ago I invested in an iPad and Foreflight... I managed to get the computer to pair with my Dynon Panel. I would work on my flight plan the eve before the flight, get to the plane and then upload the Flight Plan into the panel. It worked for a while... then... it only works (iPad and Dynon talking to each other) about half the time now.
Yesterday when I started the plane leaving Long Island for the trip home to Chester CT, the iPad and the Dynon wouldn't talk to each other, I had to manually insert the flight plan into the Dynon. The pairing does work sometimes after about a 5 minute wait... there must be something I am doing wrong. If anyone else knows what to do I would be grateful for the advice. Thank you in advance.

Do you stay connected to the WiFi the whole time? It could be a WiFi module acting up or a USB port acting up. Try moving the WiFi module to the other USB port.

When it connects, it is connected the entire trip. Another weird item...when the iPad asks for a password, and I enter the same password as is revealed in the Dynon... the password is "rejected"... you may be correct, it could be a hardware issue... I have 3 Dynon screens, and therefore 3 dongles which are inserted into the USB ports on the flip side of the Dynons... it is frustrating, however, the technology, when working, is amazing.

Try removing power from one screen at a time and see if the problem goes away.

Will do... thank you.

Are your Dynon’s updates to latest release? I think it is 15.4.7. I see in release notes some improvements in dynon/foreflight communications.

Yes, I updated and I read the same note... oh well... thank you

Back