Dynon HDX in 1956 182

I'm genuinely excited to see his plane unfolding before our eyes. The pics alone are worth it. His comments on the Trutrack in another thread were genuinely helpful too.

Now if only I, too, was "allowed" to purchase an older plane. There's a sweet 182RG for sale by the airmart folks I'd be all over looking at a Trutrack and dynon.

Enjoyed the project posts! Looks great, I wish you were in the NW...

I personally know TWO avionics installers. One who isn't on this forum and the other who is one of my best friends. The latter came >< close to leaving the forum because some self important blowhard who thinks he owns this forum spouted off to him about some mundane item. He is still here in a self-imposed limited capacity. I for one, welcome anyone who can answer questions about avionics. We don't have a whole lot of them so don't run them off on my account.

I’m still here. I can live with being called a schmuck as long as its not true. Those who know me don’t call me that. For those who enjoyed the photos, great. For the many who I have led astray with my schlepping, I truly didn’t intend that and apologize for it. :)

I think there's a difference between directly selling something and providing advice as a professional. Selling is; here is my thing, here is the price and here's how to get in touch with me.

Advice is - hey (insert professional's name here), I'm thinking of connecting an ABC autopilot to an XYZ GPS, will it work? Answer from Pro - yes or no and here's why... Or here's an interesting thing I'm doing for a customer or for me, you all might want to look at it. Is there an implicit "if you want this done, I can do it for you" built in? Of course, but the advice has much more credibility when it's from someone who does this all the time.

I hope Jesse will keep posting and adding valuable content to the forum.

I have been talking to Jesse about my 182. He is helpful and responsive. I can’t imagine how this could offend “anyone”. Boggles my mind.

Just a question for Jessee (or anyone else for that matter):

I'm assuming that this is a certified TruTrak? I was not aware that there was support for anything other than direct connection from GPS navigator to AP control head. May I ask how you set it up? Through the SV ARINC module?

Thanks in advance...

Hang around here another 10 years or so, guys, and you'll see plenty of folks like this come and go. I don't have a problem with them coming here and selling themselves...if they stay in the classifieds. My problem is when they pollute the entire site with their obvious product schlepping. Whether it be avionics installs, overpriced plane wash products, strut cleaner or whatever.

They can be ignored in the classifieds...they're annoying and harder to ignore the general forums.
I like his ( @Jesse Saint ) posts and I learn a lot from them. And I am working on my second 10 years here. There are many more posts that clutter up this AVIATION board that annoy me more, but I tolerate them. But I would rather run some of them off than someone that actually knows and contributes something.

Just a question for Jessee (or anyone else for that matter):

I'm assuming that this is a certified TruTrak? I was not aware that there was support for anything other than direct connection from GPS navigator to AP control head. May I ask how you set it up? Through the SV ARINC module?

Thanks in advance...
It is a serial output from the Dynon that the TruTrak reads. It is a certified TruTrak. The Dynon output wires to the backup serial input on the TruTrak. To get it to work you have to kill the arinc input from the navigator, so I have a source select DPDT switch that opens one of the arinc connection wires and closes the serial from the Skyview. The serial input from the navigator needs to stay.

Flew today in a C172R with the Dynon 10" HDX in it. (Thrust Flight at KADS)

I can now see why those that have it like it.

Very bright in full Texas sunlight and easy to read. Very clear graphics. Pretty intuitive to use.

Just did some basic flying today, so have not yet dove into the deeper end of the pool. But for what we did today, I'm impressed.

The more you fly it, the more you’ll like it.

after throwing a personal insult at my corvette in that thread, i really dont care what tim winters thinks. jesse is documenting what a lot of people who are debating a glass upgrade want to know. notice that not once has he said i can do this for you for xxx.xx.

JESSE, Keep these posts coming. Great you're willing to share the play by play on installs of this type.

Got her in the air today. Worked great. Just a few little bugs to work out. Notice all the traffic in the PFD screen in the last picture
3509uvc.jpg

2mmzv5h.jpg

11s155t.jpg

The dynon can only power thr trutrack or their own autopilot, correct?

That stinks. That means you'd essentially have to leave the old steam gauges up for some APs. Hope they can fix that.

They are fixing that by adding the auto pilot to their STC/AML for additional models of aircraft so you can remove your old auto pilot and install a new advanced auto pilot.

Back