DVD Converter - PAL to NTSC

silver-eagle

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
~John
Looking for a converter for a DVD written in England. My settop device will not play it (it tells me it's PAL). I can play it on my PC but it isn't the same thing.
Anyone know of a PC program that will do it for me?

Looking for a converter for a DVD written in England. My settop device will not play it (it tells me it's PAL). I can play it on my PC but it isn't the same thing.
Anyone know of a PC program that will do it for me?

My DVD player has no problems playing European (PAL) DVD's ... it's only the region code that sometimes causes hiccups ... but that can be addressed. :yes: :D

Conversion from PAL to NTSC will degrade the quality of the video. You can find software that will let you rip the DVD, convert it, and burn a new one, but you will see a BIG difference in the picture quality afterwards.

If your TV accepts SVideo input, your better option (from a viewing quality perspective) is to feed the input directly into the TV from the computer.

If you want to buy a DVD player that plays foreign pal DVD's search online for a region free DVD player. You can find lots of them for under $200

If you want to buy a DVD player that plays foreign pal DVD's search online for a region free DVD player. You can find lots of them for under $200

Hint: You can also buy a $20-30 DVD player and make it region-free. :yes:

Back