Dupont Imron paint

JC58

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JC58
Anyone know who sells Dupont Imron Paint for piper arrow I need Red, Glacier White,Las Vegas Gold

DuPont spun out that business years ago, company is now Axalta. Any decent auto paint shop should be able to color match what you have. Is there a panel or panels you can remove that has each of the colors?

Axalta was a re-branding due to a corporate ownership change. Same paints, but paints have evolved. I presume you’re trying to match a single stage Imron? Be specific when you contact a paint supplier. When you do buy paint, get enough to have some touchup paint for future use. The color component last for years in an airtight container. Activator does not. Always use fresh activator.

Last edited:
Thx for the responses. There is an auto paint store that said they could match the color. The Red and White should be easy since i can pull panels. The vegas gold is a trim style pinstripe and no panel is really available other than the cowl but its to narrow to get a camera to replicate. I tried looking for cross reference since i have the original code but since dupont rebranded , there doesn't seem to be an easy find.

Imron paint, that is some tough stuff as it is what was put on my dodge in 1984 and my plane in 1990. It was my buddy's car then and he was proud of that imron paint. Still shines pretty good today after lots of wear and tear and many miles.
IMG_3264_t1BJLFEXi1ktp8K7QPwRmR.JPG

Like said above I took a panel off my plane into the auto paint store and they used a camera to match the color when I painted that exhaust cowling. If you are doing a over all paint then matching is not so critical. I need to paint the top of my cowl. The paint is blistering off from the blistering speeds this plane achieves. lol
Spraying that stuff is dangerous, best to use protection. I have sprayed a lot of it on tanker trucks.
MVC-014S.jpg

Last edited:
Imron paint, that is some tough stuff as it is what was put on my dodge in 1984. It was my buddy's car then and he was proud of that imron paint. Still shines pretty good today after lots of wear and tear and many miles.
IMG_3264_t1BJLFEXi1ktp8K7QPwRmR.JPG

Like said above I took a panel off my plane into the auto paint store and they used a camera to match the color when I painted that exhaust cowling. If you are doing a over all paint then matching is not so critical. I need to paint the top of my cowl. The paint is blistering off from the incredible speeds this plane achieves.
Spraying that stuff is dangerous, best to use protection. I have sprayed a lot of it on tanker trucks.
MVC-014S.jpg
Nice rides. Will be redoing the cowl too. I guess I'll bring in the bottom cowl to get a match. I leave the spraying to my buddy since he has the paint booth.

My mom used to have a metal baby crib that she stripped down to refinish, and sent it out to the airport with dad to get painted…came back with Imron on it.

Ain’t no kid gonna chew through that!

MVC-014S.jpg

YES. Supplied air systems should be used for spraying catalyzed paints. The isocyanates are NOT stopped by any filter.

PPG Delfleet is a good substitute that may be more widely available.

FYI, From another forum found out that the Finishmasters auto paint chain has the match for wht and gold they cross referenced from the old numbers
Finishmasters Oxnard Ca near Camarillo where my plane is has the wht, and gold from the numbers. The red isn't coming up from the number I have but will bring in a panel for them to match it.

Dupont was rebranded to Axalta

Dupont primer- 2610

Dupont imron

Red -4992UK

Juneau white- H7848U

LasVegas gold metallic-5242UH

. The red isn't coming up from the number I have but will bring in a panel for them to match it.

Red -4992UK
4992 is a good code for Red. I am not sure what the UK is for.

The latest formulation of Imron (Axalta) is a shadow of its former self. Ecological regulations have forced it to be reformulated over the years.

Back