Dumb, Dumb, Dumb

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Wow people actually believe these scams

NAPERVILLE (AP) — A 48-year-old Naperville man never met his online girlfriend, but he didn't mind sending her cash — $200,000 over about two years.
The man told police that he started the online courtship about two-and-a-half years ago. His name hasn't been released.
Since the relationship began, he's wired about $200,000 to her at bank accounts in Nigeria, Malaysia, England and the United States.
The Naperville Sun reports that the man had an ID from the woman that was a sample driver's license from Florida.
The jig was up this week when the man contacted police to ask for their help in rescuing the woman, who he said had been kidnapped in London.
Police say the man "was in disbelief" when an officer told him that his girlfriend didn't exist.
http://www.nwherald.com/2011/02/27/naperville-man-sends-200-000-to-fake-online-girlfriend/ahxnm0f/

The good news is that I get the sense that he hasn't reproduced. He's only 48 though, which is worrisome.

I frequently get those E-mails, and I can't believe people still send them money. I immediately delete them. However, I did send money to the company that has my winning lottery ticket, and to the one that said they could make my penis larger. It must be legitmate, because he knew I had a small penis.

I frequently get those E-mails, and I can't believe people still send them money. I immediately delete them. However, I did send money to the company that has my winning lottery ticket, and to the one that said they could make my penis larger. It must be legitmate, because he knew I had a small penis.

Did you recognize the name, was it an ex-girlfriend by chance?:D

What ?

I think I'll have to check on my girlfriend in person some day.

What is amazing is how these guys (and women) will keep sending money to their "fiance'" when they obviously have never even heard his or her voice.
But these packages weren’t delivered by mistake, because angela knows who ordered them: a man from London named “Paul.”

Cater: He said he had electronics business overseas. And that these would be for his business. He wants me to send it, he said an address for a South African store.

Hansen: For a South African store.

Cater: Yes.

She says she agreed to accept his packages because Paul isn’t just any friend.

Hansen: Who is Paul Desmond?

Cater: Paul Desmond is my fiancé.

Hansen: Your fiancé.

Angela says she met Paul on the Internet. He’s even sent her this picture and asked to marry her.

Cater: And the next thing you know, he’s “Let’s get married. You know, I really love you. I miss you.” And it’s mushy, mushy all the time.

Angela has picked out a wedding dress. And some of Paul’s merchandise has been shipped to her, addressed as if they were already husband and wife.

Clear across the country we make another undercover delivery to Porterville, California, to Vickie Beebout another single mom.

It’s a package of electronics ordered with a stolen credit card, from that online store we created.

And guess who the stuff’s addressed to? A man named “Paul.”

Hansen: This one is an X-Box 360. Now does Paul Williams live here?

Vicki Beebout: No, right now he lives in London. But he’s coming over in January.

Turns out, Vicki Beebout also met her “Paul” over the Internet.

And, not surprisingly, he’s been flooding her with packages too. And Vickie’s gone a step further than just receiving packages, she’s actually been re-shipping them overseas.

In fact, we saw DHL picking up one bound for Africa.

And when we ask Vickie to show us a picture of her Paul, we see a familiar face: Angela Carter’s "Paul Desmond."

And guess what? He wants to marry Vicki too. Turns out “Paul” is engaged to two different women on opposite sides of the country. And who knows how many others in between.

So there’s a store in Africa, but that still doesn’t tell us much about Wendy.

Hansen: Does Wendy live here?

Jeff Ball: She’s in Australia right now.

Hansen: She’s in Australia?

It turns out, Jeff says Wendy is actually his business partner. That store in Africa is doing so well, Jeff says, Wendy wants to open more stores.

Jeff Ball: That’s why she’s in Australia. She’s opening a store in Australia.

Hansen: In Australia, too.

And as he tells us about the expansion plans, he drops a bombshell.

Jeff Ball: She’s gonna be, she’s gonna be my wife.

Hansen: Oh, oh - so Wendy is going to be your wife.

Jeff Ball: Gonna be. Gonna be.

Hansen: Well, congratulations then. Have you set a date?

Jeff Ball: Not yet.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17822386/ns/dateline_nbc-to_catch_an_id_thief/

I can understand confused, stupidity, nuts, flat-out crazy, and extremely gullible; but there's no sufficient description adequate for the referenced case and others like it.
Hellooooooooooooooo?

HR

This is one of life's great truths. P.T. Barnum worked it to the hilt. It is what has built powerful governments, huge dynasties, giant corporations, and mega churches all over the world.

"The one thing in life that will always be guaranteed, there will never be a shortage of suckers."

John

This is one of life's great truths. P.T. Barnum worked it to the hilt. It is what has built powerful governments, huge dynasties, giant corporations, and mega churches all over the world.

"The one thing in life that will always be guaranteed, there will never be a shortage of suckers."

You forgot aircraft manufacturers in your list. "A 20 year loan on a depreciating asset due to immediate engine time discounts for over a quarter of a million dollars for an aircraft design we haven't changed significantly since the 1960s is a great deal!"

Don't read that amortization table and notice that with interest your new aircraft will cost you more than two times your house. We know you won't because you never asked for an amortization schedule for the house you think you "own" either, and thanks to the government backing Fannie and Freddie, we don't care if you never pay us in full, they'll bail us out and then force us to renegotiate the terms of your loan anyway!"

Too soon? ;)

I can't think of any other group of private citizens, other than pilots, who think it makes perfect sense to spend $10,000.00 on a radio, or $30,000.00 for a simple GPS to be installed in a 30 year old airplane. We will not argue with spending 20 or 30 thousand for an overhauled motor for that same old airplane. P.T. would have loved our little group.

John

I can't think of any other group of private citizens, other than pilots, who think it makes perfect sense to spend $10,000.00 on a radio, or $30,000.00 for a simple GPS to be installed in a 30 year old airplane. We will not argue with spending 20 or 30 thousand for an overhauled motor for that same old airplane. P.T. would have loved our little group.

John
But we do complain about $10.00 ramp fees.

Back