DUI progress.

danek123

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
danek123
On March 11th, I finally received back from OKC regarding my DUI in 2020 in which I blew a .15BAC. It states that my current medical (1st Class) is not denied, however, I do need to meet with a HIMS/AME. The letter does not state that I need to meet with a HIMS Psychiatrist but does mention that the HIMS/AME may require that of me if he sees fit. Is this a typical response?

Does it even matter if the HIMS AME concludes that I am not substance dependent/abused? Is he even able to? Will OKC overlook his diagnosis and send me straight through the whole HIMS treatment? I've read so much on here in which it seems like everyone is getting put through HIMS even the ones who blew below .15BAC. Is this letter giving me false hope?

Who determines whether or not I need a monitoring program? The Psychiatrist, HIMS AME, or OKC?

I know that if apply for a medical now and it gets deferred, then my current medical which is still valid will get revoked. Will this meeting with the HIMS/AME cause anything of the sort?

Also, what type of time frame am I looking at after meeting with my HIMS/AME? It took about 8 months to hear back from them on the initial packet that I sent over.

For any wondering, I've been a probation since last April for the DUI arrest. Since then, I've been getting drug tested every other month. I know this isn't the 14 test over 12 months, but surely it must mean something to the HIMS/AME.

Last edited:
Call a FAA versed lawyer, Anthony Ison would be a good call

Been there done that, also prepaid to view the FAA in a diffrent light after this is all done and over

“Yesterday was the easy day”

It doesn't mean a thing to the FAA unless the testing agency will disclose for what and when you were tested. Probation agencies don't do that becuase it would give a clue to how to evade them. :(.

Time frame after meeting with the HIMS AME? Depends on what's in your FAA medical record.
Testing program? Depends if you want to get back in the air or not. FAA doesn't pay a dime's worth of attention to assertions if not substantiated.

Depends on what you drank over what timeframe and the relationship of that to the time of arrest. And you can't gild the lily. They know your height and weight.

Last edited:
Back