DUI Medical

A

Anon

My class 1 medical was deferred in February 202/ due to a past dui arrest. I’ve done a HIMS psychiatrist visit that came back favorable as well as personal statement arrest records sent to FAA. I call regularly for updates. This last time I was told my case is now with the FAS and sent to the chief psychiatrist. Does anyone know what’s this means in the process? Nearing the end? Normal part of deferral? Is there anyone who would look at it after them or is this top of the food chain? Thanks

sounds normal ... may take 6 months or more before you hear more.

Have you received an answer yet? This is my third time applying. Each time I apply for a special issuance they ask for something else. First time was a psych eval, second time was a cog screen, third time was intensive outpatient treatment which I completed and submitted my packet in March 2022. Still haven't received an answer, but about 7.5 months ago the FAA sent me a letter informing me my application was deferred to the FAS in DC as well.

Have you received an answer yet? This is my third time applying. Each time I apply for a special issuance they ask for something else. First time was a psych eval, second time was a cog screen, third time was intensive outpatient treatment which I completed and submitted my packet in March 2022. Still haven't received an answer, but about 7.5 months ago the FAA sent me a letter informing me my application was deferred to the FAS in DC as well.

I have not received an answer yet. FAS told me to expect several more months in January. Followed up again last week and was told again several more months.

Since mine was deferred to DC in June, I should hear back before you do. As soon as I get a response I will let you know so you have an idea of when you'll get a response. Hang in there!

I have not received an answer yet. FAS told me to expect several more months in January. Followed up again last week and was told again several more months.
Also - When you talked to the FAS, are you referring to the office that calls you back in 1-2 days or have you actually spoken to someone of value in DC? The best I get is "Not reviewed, check back in a month."

Also - When you talked to the FAS, are you referring to the office that calls you back in 1-2 days or have you actually spoken to someone of value in DC? The best I get is "Not reviewed, check back in a month."

Yes, leave a message and we will call you back in 1-2 days, number. The first time I called they said they are running 6 months behind. The next two times all I’ve been told is expect several more months of waiting.

What’s your status in Medxpress tracker. Mine has said transmitted and hasn’t budged since.

Mine says "In Review". It said transmitted for the first three months before being sent to DC. Now it's stuck on "in review" despite the knowledge that it's not actually in review. It hasn't even been looked at in DC. I actually contacted my senator who contacted a Regional Flight Surgeon for my area. I've been chatting with him off and on for the past month. He contacted headquarters and gave them a good word for me and submitted an updated letter from my doctor. You might look into doing the same thing. I'll let you know if it helped or not when I finally hear back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back