dui hims psychiatric eval HELP!

U

Unregistered

I have been batting the faa for the past year for them to clear my 2nd class medical or even for a special issuance, I received a DUI back in 2009 over 6 years ago. And every time I send the faa everything they ask for (plus extra that my ame suggested) they respond back with its not good enough, and they need more. I am enrolled in random alcohol testing and sponsored by a A ME, and I had a psychiatric evaluation by a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction and has faa guide lines knowledge, which is originally what they asked for, which he did his assessment and saw zero alcohol dependency and I needed no further testing, but the faa didn't consider him good enough, now they want a HIMS Dr.

I have been out of work now for 3 months waiting on the faa's response for a special issuance and now I they are requiring the psychiatric portion only of a hims eval. I have drained my savings and have no form of income until this is complete, which according to my A ME everything is perfect and I should be cleared in no time, well no such luck. How do I find doctors, the ones listed where I live (salt lake city) no longer do hims testing? the only ones I find don't do it anymore or are 12 hours away, and I cant exactly afford much until I got back to work, but I can't do that till the faa clears me.... Helllp!

I posted this before I created an account, hopefully someone can tell me the secret to finding the psychiatrist I need, near by...

Contact Bruce Chein, aeromedicaldoc.com, but probably easiest to reach on the AOPA board.

does he do the hims psychiatric evals, or is he just an amE. And is there a such thing as doing a hims evaluation Over video chat...

does he do the hims psychiatric evals, or is he just an amE. And is there a such thing as doing a hims evaluation Over video chat...

Dr Chien is a SENIOR HIMS AME. And, if anyone can help you it is him. But he will not tolerate anything less than complete honesty.

He has helped probably thousands of guys in your exact position.

He has all the top people around the country and on the list on speed dial. He specializes in difficult certifications and has solid reputation with CAMI. On top of that, he's highly intelligent, competent, and wants to get you flying. He knows the system, do exactly what he says, don't lie to him.

He is not a HIMS psychiatrist (his background is anesthesia). He will be able to point you in the right direction.

Here is a tip:
- be honest with him
- dont ever say: but but but I dont have an alcohol problem

Your problem is probably not the alcohol. Your problem is that you need to convince the FAA. Your best bet of doing that is to provide exactly what they want (even if their request states something slightly different).

I have already looked at that list, my AME is on it. It doesn't list the psychiatris, that follow the hims program, the one he suggested has retired and I can not find any information on another one near by Salt Lake city.

I have already looked at that list, my AME is on it. It doesn't list the psychiatris, that follow the hims program, the one he suggested has retired and I can not find any information on another one near by Salt Lake city.

Talk to Bruce, he will send you to the right people.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back