DUI conviction

Chilto12

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Chilto12
Hello everyone. I got a DUI 2 years ago & was wondering what my chances of been a pilot would be. Obviously, I’m not proud of this, but I’ve accepted it for what it is. Is it likely that I could become a pilot at this point or am I SOL

Hello everyone. I got a DUI 2 years ago & was wondering what my chances of been a pilot would be. Obviously, I’m not proud of this, but I’ve accepted it for what it is. Is it likely that I could become a pilot at this point or am I SOL
Do a search on DUI here. There are literally hundreds of threads on the matter. Short answer is that the FAA is going to want to know lots of details regarding the event and your history before issuing a medical certificate.

You can start out as a Light Sport Pilot w/o a medical, then jump through the FAA hoops to get the DUI resolved. Staying stone cold sober from now until eternity will help your cause. No illegal drugs, including marijuana, and no alcohol. That will help when you start jumping through the FAA’s hoops.

Last edited:
Did you blow
What did you blow
Will your DMV search and your Criminal Background search show this is your ONE and only alcohol event?

B.

There is nearly a 100% chance of getting a medical. It’s just a matter of is it worth it or not.

there’s a high likelihood of HIMS program requirements. This means YOU SHOULD CONSULT A GOOD LAWYER.

not super expensive for a consult, and then go from there. There are three major areas of concern. The “event”, your history with alcohol and drugs, and your intentions (professional pilot or not).

this is a good forum for common sense checks as you proceed. However, I HIGHLY recommend you talk to a lawyer BEFORE a doctor.

I think the OP may have dropped the post and said "so long."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back