Dude, are we, like, cleared for takeoff?

Good for him. But will it play? Oxford and Cambridge are both university towns, and the rivalry is fierce, as each considers itself the top university in the world. Each calls the other "the other place". Stay tuned.

Judy

(oxford and cambridge rivals yes, but my opinion is that there are better pubs in cambridge... :yes: )

I hope he is a huge success...and even if the airline doesn't fly, that he will.

terry

terzap said:
(oxford and cambridge rivals yes, but my opinion is that there are better pubs in cambridge... :yes: )

I hope he is a huge success...and even if the airline doesn't fly, that he will.

terry

I can't really comment on this, as I've only extensively sampled the pubs in Oxford, not Cambridge. However, when the geology department at Cambridge U invited me to give a lecture, they thoughtfully held the event in the downstairs meeting room of a pub (with a nice view of the River Cam) and wouldn't let me start until I had a pint in one hand. :cheerswine:

I think it is a given that he will be a huge success. I love kids like that. I've had the great honor of knowing a few during my professorial career, and the best thing you can do is just stand back and not get in their way.

Judy

Back