Duct tape bandit caught!

It wasn't me! It was some OTHER guy whose head was wrapped in duct tape.

One of co-workers told me when she served on a grand jury, a guy robbed a store wearing red and yellow plaid pants. The responding cops go into the store across the street and ask if they saw a guy wearing red and yellow plaid pants. "Yeah. He's in aisle 4."

Last edited:
I have STC'd duct tape to hold my Tiger's wings in place. Hasn't failed yet!

They say you can use Duck Tape for anything. Now they can add robbing a store to the list!!

Yeah, but " She was promptly arrested on charges of possession of cocaine." If it was fake, how are they going to make the charge stick?

LOL. But the law has a provision for this. "Attempted *fill in the blank*"

There is an old legal parable that illustrates this, with several variations: After scheming to kill her husband for several weeks to get his insurance money, a woman steps into the living room and shoots her husband as he sits in front of the TV. An autopsy later shows he had died several hours prior of a heart attack. What is she guilty of (besides abuse of a corpse)? Attempted murder.

Yeah, but " She was promptly arrested on charges of possession of cocaine." If it was fake, how are they going to make the charge stick?
in most states, possession, sales, etc of a counterfeit drug carry the same penalties as possession, sales, etc of the real thing.

"Honest officer, that's just a baggie full of small pieces of soap!" ain't gonna help you! :no:

I knew there had to be a way! They just put the wrong charge in the article. Color me "surprised!" (NOT!)

in most states, possession, sales, etc of a counterfeit drug carry the same penalties as possession, sales, etc of the real thing.

"Honest officer, that's just a baggie full of small pieces of soap!" ain't gonna help you! :no:

Oh. I was going to say they could make the charges stick with duct tape...
:goofy:

It was oregano (sp?)! I swear!!

The idea is to punish the intent, and thereby, to deter.

Look at the idea in a different situation - imagine that I point a gun at someone, meaning to kill him. I pull the trigger, intending that the bullet go through his head. It turns out that the gun is empty. I'm still guilty of attempted murder or something along those lines.

Even differently, imagine the pedophile talking to what he thinks is a 12-yo girl on the internet, and he goes to her house, intending to commit various lewd, indecent, and criminal acts. Turns out the girl is actually a 27-yo dude who's a cop. Pedophile is still guilty of whatever that crime would be called - attempted molestation?

Back