Duats Registration Problem/Question

C. Kelley

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
C. Kelley
I am trying to register with Duats but I'm having some trouble. I have a student pilot certificate/medical with a 7 digit certificate number. When I try to register with Duats I receive a message telling me that my cert. number can not be found. I was wondering if I should put something in front of this number for Duats to recognize it. I know I can fax my information in but I wanted to make sure I was doing this right before it came to that.

BTW- This is my first real post. This place is a fountain of good information!

I am trying to register with Duats but I'm having some trouble. I have a student pilot certificate/medical with a 7 digit certificate number. When I try to register with Duats I receive a message telling me that my cert. number can not be found. I was wondering if I should put something in front of this number for Duats to recognize it. I know I can fax my information in but I wanted to make sure I was doing this right before it came to that.

BTW- This is my first real post. This place is a fountain of good information!
When did you get your medical? Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the certificate number to make it way from the FAA to the DUATS vendor.

I have had my medical since Feb. 10 2009. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an assumed prefix or suffix to enter with the cert. number.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad I stumbled upon this board.

I have had my medical since Feb. 10 2009. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an assumed prefix or suffix to enter with the cert. number.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad I stumbled upon this board.
Well you do need to enter the letters that are in front of the number. In the format 'EE1234567'

I remember having trouble starting with mine and that was pre-911 when they cracked down on security.

Isn't there a link to contact them for help?

Also try DUAT. http://www.duat.com

Sometimes, the certificates may not be properly formatted when entered in the airmen database. If you contact DUAT or DUATS and obtain their fax number, you can send a copy of your medical. With that, they will activate an account for you.

Welcome to PoA and good luck in completing your training!

Sometimes, the certificates may not be properly formatted when entered in the airmen database. If you contact DUAT or DUATS and obtain their fax number, you can send a copy of your medical. With that, they will activate an account for you.

Welcome to PoA and good luck in completing your training!

That's it. I think that's how I got an account.

The funny is I never gave them my real certificate number when I got it.

Thank you all for your responses. I called Duats tonight and they advised me to fax a copy of my certificate to them. Thanks again!

Back