Dual yoke for b35

JustinRS

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Captainflytug74
Anyone have a dual yoke for a v35 I can rent for a month
Or so.?? I just need it for a check ride! Painful looking at my new baby and can't fly it even with my cfi I have 250 hours but need a complex high performance check

Anything needed to be noted in the airframe logbook when you swap the yokes?

Anyone have a dual yoke for a v35 I can rent for a month
Or so.?? I just need it for a check ride! Painful looking at my new baby and can't fly it even with my cfi I have 250 hours but need a complex high performance check
Might help to say where you are. I'll bet your insurance wants more than just a complex/high performance checkout. Did they give you an "hours" in type requirement?

In my opinion yes, particularly since you're changing weight and balance and performing maintenance.

Might help to say where you are. I'll bet your insurance wants more than just a complex/high performance checkout. Did they give you an "hours" in type requirement?
Yes 20 solo after checkride but don't need dual yoke for that just no passengers until 20

Technically, yes. Practically, I imagine they're frequently swapped back and forth with no paperwork.

Why not just do your high performance in some rental and be done with it?

Why not just do your high performance in some rental and be done with it?
Because I really also want to get used to my V35 my cfi is great former Reno air racer I can learn the plane while getting my ratting plus the clubs near me don't really have much for complex and high performance the club I am a member of has a arrow it's complex but not high performance !

Depends on your skills and your CFIs opinion of you and confidence, a through over yoke isn't that much of a deal breaker as long as the guy holding it isn't a total dufus and it's not primary instruction or anything.

How much time does your CFI have in the Bo?

Depends on your skills and your CFIs opinion of you and confidence, a through over yoke isn't that much of a deal breaker as long as the guy holding it isn't a total dufus and it's not primary instruction or anything.

The rules disagree with you. 14 CFR 91.109 only permits very specific instruction to be given with a throw-over yoke (BFR, IPC, instrument training, recurrent training). When doing permitted training, the guy in the left seat must be qualified to act as PIC (OP can't as he isn't properly endorsed yet). The "right" CFI might overlook the reg and do it anyway...

The rules disagree with you. 14 CFR 91.109 only permits very specific instruction to be given with a throw-over yoke (BFR, IPC, instrument training, recurrent training). When doing permitted training, the guy in the left seat must be qualified to act as PIC (OP can't as he isn't properly endorsed yet). The "right" CFI might overlook the reg and do it anyway...

My understanding is the only instruction he NEEDS is a high perf. which we could do in a 182 in a hour or two, seems like he just wants this CFI right seat for some Bo pointers, no reg stops that due to a through over yoke.

My understanding is the only instruction he NEEDS is a high perf. which we could do in a 182 in a hour or two, seems like he just wants this CFI right seat for some Bo pointers, no reg stops that due to a through over yoke.

Says he also need a complex. If he had a complex and high performance endorsement, he could just do a really long BFR with his chosen CFI and the throw-over yoke.

91-109 allows cfis to teach only instrument flight training with a single control! Only exception is beech school they have a
Waiver but it's big$$
All other flight training must by law have dual controls ! Not sure if they
Bust chops
About brakes !

91-109 allows cfis to teach only instrument flight training with a single control! Only exception is beech school they have a
Waiver but it's big$$
Bust chops
About brakes !
Truth is I flew the plane from chaleston SC to New Jersey in the left seat
And my instructor just sat there! That was
The first day I owned the
Plane and the first time we flew it! ! Was
That leagal well I guess if he wanted to say he was pic and we
We're
Not doing instructional maybe

Is it training, or just pointers, lots of ways to skin that cat depending on your goals.

Is it training, or just pointers, lots of ways to skin that cat depending on your goals.
Well since there will be a
Sigh
Off in my log book and the amount of FAA guys that have been hanging around lately I we are
Going to play it safe!

Waiver but it's big$$
Bust chops
About brakes !

The rule changed a few years ago and was expanded to include BFR's, IPC's, and recent flight experience training. The guy in the left seat does have to be qualified to act as PIC, though. So the BFR must occur BEFORE the previous one expired.

The relevant portion of the Reg reads:

"
(a) No person may operate a civil aircraft (except a manned free balloon) that is being used for flight instruction unless that aircraft has fully functioning dual controls. However, instrument flight instruction may be given in an airplane that is equipped with a single, functioning throwover control wheel that controls the elevator and ailerons, in place of fixed, dual controls, when -

(1) The instructor has determined that the flight can be conducted safely; and

(2) The person manipulating the controls has at least a private pilot certificate with appropriate category and class ratings.

(b) An airplane equipped with a single, functioning throwover control wheel that controls the elevator and ailerons, in place of fixed, dual controls may be used for flight instruction to conduct a flight review required by § 61.56 of this chapter, or to obtain recent flight experience or an instrument proficiency check required by § 61.57 when -

(1) The airplane is equipped with operable rudder pedals at both pilot stations;

(2) The pilot manipulating the controls is qualified to serve and serves as pilot in command during the entire flight;

(3) The instructor is current and qualified to serve as pilot in command of the airplane, meets the requirements of § 61.195(b), and has logged at least 25 hours of pilot-in-command flight time in the make and model of airplane; and

(4) The pilot in command and the instructor have determined the flight can be conducted safely."

I don't have 25
Hours time in type I don't have high performance or complex so I do not meet those standards!

Back