Dual monitors

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I am trying to hook up dual monitors on a dual monitor card. I have everything working and have gone through the four choices for display. My problem is when ever I go to a program like MFS that uses full screen I loose the second monitor. It looses the signal all together. On some of the other programs that use full screen you can not drag anything off of it. It works fine if you are not on a full type screen. I can drag back and forth. Do I need a special software to display the radio stack and GPS in MFS on the second screen? Or to just keep it up at all.

Dan

I am trying to hook up dual monitors on a dual monitor card. I have everything working and have gone through the four choices for display. My problem is when ever I go to a program like MFS that uses full screen I loose the second monitor. It looses the signal all together. On some of the other programs that use full screen you can not drag anything off of it. It works fine if you are not on a full type screen. I can drag back and forth. Do I need a special software to display the radio stack and GPS in MFS on the second screen? Or to just keep it up at all.

Dan

Perhaps this will help:

http://dev.fsinsider.com/product/learning/Documents/Using Multiple Monitors.pdf

Best,

Rich

I have not read the linked story, but I run fs2004 on dual monitors. When you have msfs in full screen mode, the second monitor will shut down. What you have to do is run in "windowed" mode, then right click on each of the panels you pull up (radio stack, throttle quad, etc.) and select the "Undock" option from the menu. You can then drag them to the other monitor.

I have not read the linked story, but I run fs2004 on dual monitors. When you have msfs in full screen mode, the second monitor will shut down. What you have to do is run in "windowed" mode, then right click on each of the panels you pull up (radio stack, throttle quad, etc.) and select the "Undock" option from the menu. You can then drag them to the other monitor.

I tried it last night. I got the knee board to go over but nothing else would. I will try the right click and see what happens. I do not know how to "Run in windowed mode". I looked all over the setup and saw nothing there.

Dan

Alt+Enter

Thanks, it is kinda finicky, but I got it to work. I had to put the whole thing on the second monitor then drag it back. Now I can fly more realistic looking out the front and having the instruments closer. Next I have to get my chair to roll as I turn.:D

Dan

Lol. I love the dual monitor setup, especially when flying the PMDG 737NG's... I can put the Overhead panel on monitor #2 and not block my view out of the cockpit. I'm doing a little VATSIM flying in about 35 mins (0200z), if anyone wants to join me.

I'll be enroute between KCXP and KCYS in a 738, COA863. Pass on your VATSIM ID and I'll put you on my VRoute.info buddy list. I'm 874487.

Got it done good now. I have to go back in and make some more panels though.

Dan

Attachments

• Dual monitor.JPG
    Dual monitor.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 9
The lighting is not very good.

Dan

Attachments

• dual with new panels.JPG
    dual with new panels.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
OK I went looked and interested. How good of a connection do I need? I have DSL but it transfers slow 30 kbs. Also I am using a wireless USB connection on that computer.

Dan

30kbs? Dude you can get 52-56kbs with a dial-up modem. That must be 30Kbps 30 KiloBYTES/sec), ~300kbps, which is still pretty bad.

I get 760kbps down and 30kbps up, because I'm also far from the CO, until AT&T connects me to the UVerse fiber VRAD at my back fence when I will eventually get to have 10mbps!

Last edited:
30kbs? Dude you can get 52-56kbs with a dial-up modem. That must be 30Kbps 30 KiloBYTES/sec), ~300kbps, which is still pretty bad.

I get 760kbps down and 30kbps up, because I'm also far from the CO, until AT&T connects me to the UVerse fiber VRAD at my back fence when I will eventually get to have 10mbps!

Yep could be. I am faster than dial up but I am in the country and DSL sucks here. Will it work though?

Dan

I guess you could just give it a shot... it's free, so if it doesn't work, no big deal. With that limited bandwidth, you may have some issues with the voice chat, but you should be able to communicate with text and the controllers should still be able to see you.

Back