Dual GTN 750's or GTN750/650 Combo

just learned that the PL21 that is in the CJ2 only show's the 'snowflake' and doesn't do commanded VNAV. I was able to do an in-depth review of the UNS-1 through universals website and the couple things that really stand out is some of the in-depth position error reporting that the FMS gives, weight tracking as well as some of the vertical guidance through Baro inputs for things like LP approaches (which I've never used before). Another item which is useful is the ability to automate cold weather corrections (I do fly in Canada after all). While the GTN's are pretty well rounded, they do miss out on a few of these items.

End of the day, I'm still not convinced which is my best option. Not having the VNAV functionality for either system kinda levels the playing field however.

just learned that the PL21 that is in the CJ2 only show's the 'snowflake' and doesn't do commanded VNAV. I was able to do an in-depth review of the UNS-1 through universals website and the couple things that really stand out is some of the in-depth position error reporting that the FMS gives, weight tracking as well as some of the vertical guidance through Baro inputs for things like LP approaches (which I've never used before). Another item which is useful is the ability to automate cold weather corrections (I do fly in Canada after all). While the GTN's are pretty well rounded, they do miss out on a few of these items.

End of the day, I'm still not convinced which is my best option. Not having the VNAV functionality for either system kinda levels the playing field however.

Well, Garmin just added VNAV to the GTN software. Got to play with it at Oshkosh. Pretty cool, looking forward to having it!

Back