Dry Wash Cleaning Products

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
What non-water/soap cleaning products do folks use on their airplanes? We're approaching the point in the year where it is a bit cool to spend an hour or two on the ramp with a hose and bucket of soapy water.

So what dry-wash products are y'all happy with?

And while we're at it, who's using the ceramic paint coatings instead of wax, and how's that working out?

I was wondering how many folks are using ceramics these days on their planes....
I bought a new car a year ago and recently had it coated...actually paint protection film on the front and coating everywhere. Based on the pricing for cars I'd guess an airplane would cost a fortune to get professionally coated. Maybe to the point of not being worth it.... Even on a car it's almost balancing "just repaint it" territory!

When I first bought the car I used a Turtlewax consumer grade ceramic spray on coating. Not in the same league I suppose as the pro grade stuff, but it actually seemed to do a pretty good job. I was happy with it, and seems like it would work just as well on a plane. Lasted a long time too with the car kept in the garage
this
https://www.turtlewax.com/products/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-wax-spray-coating-16-fl-oz
and I used their matching "Detailer Spray" as a touch up... getting bugs off, etc....

I use Adams Polishes products mostly. I have some Plane Perfect products too.

Back