Dry skin?

pilot_dude

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pilot_dude
With winter fully entrenched for most of the country, a lot of us suffer from dry skin. In years past my go to moisturizer was Corn Huskers lotion. My hands would get so bad I'd coat them and sleep with socks covering my hands.

During Thanksgiving supper we were introduced to Shea butter. Gotta say, it puts Corn Huskers and every other hand lotion I've ever used to shame. If you suffer from dry skin I'd recommend giving it a shot. While the acquisition price is more than most, the amount used per application makes it very economical.

This is your PSA for the day :D

Last edited:
I wait until my fingertips crack then cover with bagbalm and a bandaid. Prevention would be a better idea but I hate greasy stinky lotion.

I wait until my fingertips crack then cover with bagbalm and a bandaid. Prevention would be a better idea but I hate greasy stinky lotion.

So do I, but I've found Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion to be a great performer with a minimum of undesirable qualities. It isn't greasy, absorbs quickly, and is unscented. It's also reasonably priced, but somewhat hard to locate, though Walmart carries it.

http://www.aveeno.com/product/aveeno-+baby+daily+moisture+lotion.do

JKG

Last edited:
I use udder balm in the morning. When I get those nasty cracks at the corners of the fingernails, I superglue them shut...superglue is the best relief I've found yet.

+1 on superglue. You may have thought he was being rediculous, but it works. It has saved me from getting stitches in the past as well.

Eucerin or a generic equivalent works well but is really greasy.

I started using it a couple weeks ago, put it on my hands before bed and it's done great so far.:yes:

With winter fully entrenched for most of the country, a lot of us suffer from dry skin. In years past my go to moisturizer was Corn Huskers lotion. My hands would get so bad I'd coat them and sleep with socks covering my hands.

During Thanksgiving supper we were introduced to Shea butter. Gotta say, it puts Corn Huskers and every other hand lotion I've ever used to shame. If you suffer from dry skin I'd recommend giving it a shot. While the acquisition price is more than most, the amount used per application makes it very economical.

This is your PSA for the day :D

to avoid the greasy feel, put your lotion of choice on your hands and then put socks over them to sleep.

Back