Drunk pilot lands in parking lot

He was delivering a new batch of widgets to his customer.
He really put the "incident" in "incidental to his business" this time.

It sounds like the local police just arrested him on a state DUI charge, probably for the roll-out after landing. I would imagine the case will get referred to the U.S. Attorney's office and he'll be charged with FUI or whatever they call it. I'm sure an emergency revocation of his pilot certificate will occur shortly too.
Flying While Intoxicated is a misdemeanor in Texas. Likely other states have similar offenses.

But that worked out fine.
Still learning from POA, are u saying landing on taxiway is OK? Just never land on a parking lot, especially when u r impaired?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Still learning from POA, are u saying landing on taxiway is OK? Just never land on a parking lot, especially when u r impaired?

In an emergency you can land anywhere you aim for while trying not to kill yourself or anyone on the ground. In a controlled airport you land on the runway as cleared. In non towered practicing emergency landing you may end up on a taxiway but avoiding one is still preferred. You are NEVER allowed to get into a plane drunk or stoned, even passengers are restricted in that way. The DUI guy will likely say bye bye to flying when the FAA takes his card with Orville Wright on the back. :D

Last edited:
In an emergency you can land anywhere you aim for while trying not to kill yourself or anyone on the ground. In a controlled airport you land on the runway as cleared. In non towered practicing emergency landing you may end up on a taxiway but avoiding one is still preferred. You are NEVER allowed to get into a plane drunk or stoned, even passengers are restricted in that way. The DUI guy will likely say bye bye to flying when the FAA takes his card with Orville Wright on the back.
Hey I was just kidding... in an emergency I will land in any parking lot I can, worry about FAA later. The landing on taxiway is a running joke after ford

Hey I was just kidding... in an emergency I will land in any parking lot I can, worry about FAA later. The landing on taxiway is a running joke after ford

I was trying to be funny too. Sorry if it sounded too serious.

I was trying to be funny too. Sorry if it sounded too serious.
I get it. U forgot to mention not to carry stuff around for business

I get it. U forgot to mention not to carry stuff around for business

Ah, the face thingeez....I will add one of those next time. :)

Flying While Intoxicated is a misdemeanor in Texas. Likely other states have similar offenses.
Ou are wrong.

FAA doesn't have the man power to track and suspend every drunk pilot. The regulation is there just as a suggestion and there are attorneys out there whose sole purpose is to fight FAA when they try to impose absurd regulations.

It could have been worse. Had he been driving a car instead of flying a plane, a capital murder charge would have been a downgrade from what he otherwise would have received.

This is classic stuff. :D
Villanueva says the pilot got lost and ran out of fuel during a planned flight from Temecula 60 miles south to San Diego.

The plane ended up about 70 miles north of where it took off.

So a dude got sh*t faced, decided to do probably the dumbest thing you could try to do while drunk, got lost and ran out of gas, found a parking lot, and he freakin' stuck it!

Given the little bit of evidence we have, I'd say there is no question who the pilot was:

-Stay-Thirsty-My-Friend-meme-41077.jpg

He's probably bangin' his female jail guard as we speak.

Back