Drunk driver destroys 3 planes

There was another similar incident 2 months or so earlier at KRHV Reid Hillview that did not make the press. A drunk plowed through the main security gate next to the terminal and decided to drag race and do donuts on the ramp. The Terminal is also a substation for SJPD. He didn't get far. :D

More reason to close th airport, I suppose. :rolleyes:

I apologize if I seemed rude, but I get pretty riled up when I hear about the idiocy going on in what used to be an awesome place to live.

Having grown up in aviation during a time when it was booming and seeing how it has been ruined by product liability actions and shortsighted buttheads, I hate to see what has happened to so many formerly great airports and the cities supporting them.

I got the hell out of Kalifornistan long ago to spend the following 25 years of my life moving every three years in the military and I have not ever considered going back. I was lucky to have had the experience before it fizzled out...

More reason to close th airport, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Sad but true. The county is fighting to close KRHV. Can't make this up... They hired a highly credentialed guy last name Murder, to write an analysis for closing this airport! A combination of corrupt County supervisors (my opinion) in the pocket of land developers and far left activists wanting low income housing ganged together to close. The airport is in terrible condition and hangars literally falling apart.

The drive to close Reid Hillview is a 2 part thrust. One tactic is the above and the other is an airborne lead contamination study impacting children at a nearby elementary school and local neighbors. Simultaneously the County refuses to make MoGas or 94UL available.

Any data point they can get is heaped on the pile of excuses.

Was the drunk part of the airport authority ?

Ouch! Looks like 20 minutes from bottle to throttle.

Back