Drug Test Out of State

N_A_M_E_24

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
N_A_M_E_24
Hello. I am undergoing the ADHD standard track and need to see a HIMS neuropsychologist, but I also need a drug test for that day. I found a HIMS neuropsychologist in Hawaii, but none of my doctors from the state I'm from can order a drug test in Hawaii. Who can be the MRO for this and can I get a drug test from a regular AME in Hawaii just for the drug test? I am in Australia right now.

How do I get a valid drug test for this out of state?

Thanks

So that prompts as to.....why, did you choose to use the neuropsychologist(s) in HI when you live in a distant state?
Are you military?

So that prompts as to.....why, did you choose to use the neuropsychologist(s) in HI when you live in a distant state?
Are you military?
I am currently closer to Hawaii right now than where I come from. I did not foresee this problem with the drug test. I would like to avoid going halfway across the world for this. No, I'm not in the military.

Last edited:
Any Quest location, get a “ten panel + ETG”.

This ain’t medical, don’t need a doc to order. No such thing as a MRO in this context.

US Drug Test Centers dot com Fill out information and get 10 panel + ETG as mentioned by @Tools . Provide your email to send authorization document/QR code and the email of the AME that the result need to be sent to. Pay online and show up at the test center you chose online. Easy Peasy. Multiple labs in Honolulu. All you need is a lab with the proper certifications for collection of DOT specimens, chain of custody, etc.

Did you ask if the neuropscyh's office can order the drug screen for you?

Any Quest location, get a “ten panel + ETG”.

This ain’t medical, don’t need a doc to order. No such thing as a MRO in this context.
I'm having trouble finding any drug test in Hawaii that does Methylphenidate. It's not in any of the DOT testing.

I'm having trouble finding any drug test in Hawaii that does Methylphenidate. It's not in any of the DOT testing.
Bruce gave you one. Again, I can bet the the Neuropsych knows of one as well.

You ain’t involved in dot (49cfr40 or 14cfr120) testing here. It’s HIMS, exempt from safeguards, fda approval, medical review and they switch between calling it clinical and forensic (generally not adhering to either anyway) as they want.

Think strip mall paternity and court ordered drug testing. The pee and blood collectors need (and generally have) ZERO training. The smart donor reads up and helps them through the process.

Think strip mall paternity and court ordered drug testing. The pee and blood collectors need (and generally have) ZERO training. The smart donor reads up and helps them through the process.
This is true. The average $13.75/hr part time staffer at the test center frequently has barely got a clue.

My Rx's are filled with things like, "don't forget to freeze the specimen" ...when appropriate. It can be like second grade in there...."ain't america great!?". And if the specimen fails you dont' have a second opportunity to do the Urine for methamphetamines/methylpehnidate +/- atomoexetine. You're outside the time window by the time you find out the specimen had a fatal flaw. The Neurocog study then is ruled to not clearly have been in a non-stimulant environment and all is lost. Then you do it over again.

One of my airmen won damages from the test organization for just this- it was a long haul but as he was not yet an employed airman, the settlement was teeny (took 'em to small claims court and they didn't show up). They didn't pay up so he put a lien on the test station. THEN the test company took notice.

(The guy was an attorney).

This is true. The average $13.75/hr part time staffer at the test center frequently has barely got a clue.

My Rx's are filled with things like, "don't forget to freeze the specimen" ...when appropriate. It can be like second grade in there...."ain't america great!?". And if the specimen fails you dont' have a second opportunity to do the Urine for methamphetamines/methylpehnidate +/- atomoexetine. You're outside the time window by the time you find out the specimen had a fatal flaw. The Neurocog study then is ruled to not clearly have been in a non-stimulant environment and all is lost. Then you do it over again.

One of my airmen won damages from the test organization for just this- it was a long haul but as he was not yet an employed airman, the settlement was teeny (took 'em to small claims court and they didn't show up). They didn't pay up so he put a lien on the test station. THEN the test company took notice.

(The guy was an attorney).
Wow. Thank you for sharing. I wondered why it's so hard to order a test out of pocket as an individual. Honestly, I may let this medical roll over or something and do it again later when I'm back. Or ask for a 9 month extension until Dr. Field gets HIMS registered because he's in Australia as well. I hope they an extend it like that. I've never heard of a 9 month extension. Only 30 days.

If I start over, can I submit what I have so I don't need to ask my psychiatrist to do the same write-up thing again?

Last edited:
If you don't have the SI or the eligibility determination yet, remember the INITIAL package has to be current to the application. That means everything.

Back