Drug test after cogscreen.. "Psychostimulants"

G

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of scheduling my neurocognitive exam and am also lining up the required ADHD drug screen within 24 hours post-exam. I have a note from my AME describing to the proctor what needs to be tested for in my urine, but the proctors (seemingly perplexed) keep saying they can only test for amphetamines and methylphenidate. Would these satisfy the FAAs request for ADHD medications including "psychostimulants" or is there anything else that needs to be tested? I don't want to screw all this up over a drug test...

Amphetamines
Methylphenidate
Atomoexetine

Thank you. Do you know of any proctors that can test for Atomoexetine? It seems like everyone goes through 'request a test' who doesn't have this test available. My AME has basically said you're on your own.

Thank you. Do you know of any proctors that can test for Atomoexetine? It seems like everyone goes through 'request a test' who doesn't have this test available. My AME has basically said you're on your own.
When I went for my post cog screen drug test I went to a quest lab and they did a 10 panel drug test. My AME scheduled the test for me and I just had to show up. The fact that your AME isn’t being of much help is a huge red flag. You should probably find a new AME.

Labcorp! Test 790640.

When I went for my post cog screen drug test I went to a quest lab and they did a 10 panel drug test. My AME scheduled the test for me and I just had to show up. The fact that your AME isn’t being of much help is a huge red flag. You should probably find a new AME.
Standard ten panel would NOT look for straterra which is needed. As mentioned labcorp but also AEGIS does that kind of testing and more.

Standard ten panel would NOT look for straterra which is needed. As mentioned labcorp but also AEGIS does that kind of testing and more.
looks like it was actually a 12 panel test, but straterra was not tested for.

Labcorp! Test 790640.

Thank you so much for your response, Dr. Bruce. Is there any harm in me ordering these tests through ‘request a test’ and taking it through LabCorp or do I need an order from a physician? Does it matter to the FAA?

It needs to be done same afternoon or at latest by 12 N the next day to count. Get you PCP to write the script.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back