Dropbox assist

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
I have some images on my iPad that I want to get onto my laptop computer. They're too large to email. I have a dropbox account, but don't see a Dropbox option in the Photos "app" and don't see any way from the Dropbox app to access the images on the iPad.

Any suggestions?

can't u just connect it to ur laptop and d/load the pics? I do that with my iphone, but I don't own an ipad. just figured u could do the same thang.

Open the Dropbox app. Click on the "files" icon on the bottom. Then click on the three little circles in the upper right (circled in yellow on the first photo below). That opens a drop-down menu that includes "Upload File".

When you click on "Upload File", it gives you more options (second photo). Select "Photos" and that will let you select from the albums and photos on your iPad.

I don't have my iPad here, so the screenshots below are from the iPhone.

Attachments

• Dropbox1.jpg
    Dropbox1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Dropbox2.jpg
    Dropbox2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I seem to have to go thru that god-forsaken iTunes sync procedure if I do a direct connect. I never have any luck with that.

Let me try out Jeff's advice.

Jeff, when I click the three circles, I don't have an Upload option. Only Rename and Move. It shows the files in Dropbox but no way to see the files on the iPad from within Dropbox. It appears to be one-way only traffic. Sanity check?

When you first open the Dropbox app, is there a "Photos" icon on the bottom, like in my first photo? If so, click on that. It should display your photos. Click on one, and then the "Upload" icon (a square with an up-arrow in it) should appear.

[edit: If you already figured it out, disregard this post]

I got it, but it's not quite the same operation on my iPad. The photos icon at the bottom only shows photos that already exist on Dropbox. Any, I did get it figured out and appreciate your help! Thanx!

Back