Drool worthy

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
This Beech Staggerwing appeared on Controller today.

Someday I want a ride in one.

img.axd

Last edited:
beautiful, what a classic! She looks well maintained too

Wow, that is a sexy plane. Anyone have a best-guess on how much something like that even goes for?

Let's buy it. Everyone can kick in few thou. There's an A&P at my airport who knows them, so of course it would make sense to base it here........

Ahhh the dreaded 'Sales Price: Call". Translation: If you gotta ask...

Let's buy it. Everyone can kick in few thou. There's an A&P at my airport who knows them, so of course it would make sense to base it here........

That is very generous of you :)

When I was looking for my plane, my wife saw a Staggerwing on Barnstormers and said she thought that looked nice. I said no problem, but the financial discussion after that changed her mood toward it slightly. Are there any pilots out there that don't like the look of a Staggerwing? I'm yet to meet one.

Wow, that is a sexy plane. Anyone have a best-guess on how much something like that even goes for?

Guessing if he doesn't want to list the price, he knows he's asking too much.

Beaut of a plane however.

I'm working in Ohio...not too far from the plane. I'd be happy to go test fly it for anyone who's interested in buying.
You're paying the expenses, of course. :goofy:

yah, 200-500 to buy... but the way they drink fuel and the cost of parts. Damn!

Really damn cool planes. I would love to afford one.

Yep, that's my all time favorite. I'd like to afford a Lambo Rob, but neither one is going to happen. :)

Beauty in the eye of . . . One of the ugliest airplanes ever to offend the sky. Looks like a cross between Secretariat and a recycling bin. . .

If I had that plane, the back seat would only be used like I used the back seat of my car when I was in high school.
To haul drums and the bass players amp?

Beauty in the eye of . . . One of the ugliest airplanes ever to offend the sky. Looks like a cross between Secretariat and a recycling bin. . .
You're not the only one. Something about the Staggerwing just doesn't work for me. I'd take a cabin Waco any day over a D17.

Leg room is a bit cramped, for the back seat:

img.axd

Actually there is lots of legroom in the backseat. Sequence to get out is the passengers get out first, then the right seat is slid all the way back as you see and the co-pilot exits then the pilot. Reverse for getting in. And niener, niener I have a few hours in one in the left seat. Really nice flying airplane and it won't really stall it just bobs. Not that bad on landing, if you touch down straight it will roll out straight. No worse than any other planes of the era. Don

Great looking airplane. I got to see one that looked very similar to this, color and everything, that was maintained very well. Hope this one goes to a good home and continues to be maintained well.

Back