Drones

nosehair

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
nosehair
OK,.. so, anyone know where/how to get drone training and certification?

Yes.

Do you have any idea how hard it was to not click reply after typing the above?

FAA has lots of stuff online
https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/ALC/course_content.aspx?cID=451&sID=726&crID=1436761

To operate the controls of a small UAS under Part 107, you need a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating, or be under the direct supervision of a person who holds such a certificate

You must be at least 16 years old to qualify for a remote pilot certificate, and you can obtain it in one of two ways:

• You may pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center.
  • If you already have a Part 61 pilot certificate, other than a student pilot certificate, you must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and you must take a small UAS online training course provided by the FAA.

OK,.. so, anyone know where/how to get drone training and certification?

I've had my test done for a few months now, just need a CFI/DPE to sign off on it. If you are already a pilot, it'll take all of an hour or two at the most to get the certificate. If you aren't, then, become a pilot :).

Assuming you're already a Part 61 pilot, goto FAASafety.gov and take the short course ALC-451.

I've had my test done for a few months now, just need a CFI/DPE to sign off on it. If you are already a pilot, it'll take all of an hour or two at the most to get the certificate. If you aren't, then, become a pilot :).

My CFI keeps telling me to take the dang test and he'll sign me off. Just haven't gotten around to it. I hear the test is pretty easy.

Back