Drone Pilot Arrested

Hope they throw the book at him. Even though it's Canada it might help here in the US when something like that occurs (and it will, no doubt).

Glad to see someone is worried about drone hobbyists not following the rules. Could be a problem at uncontrolled fields,when they try to get a closeup of a small plane on final.

Our government would never exercise as much common sense in enforcement. They'd rather have some game warden catch a grandfather and his kid flying a 4 oz. toy in the middle of nowhere and throw the book at them (both!) for failure to properly register their "aircraft", just to emphasize the point of who's in charge.

Bonus fedie-guv enforcement points if they make a stink about the "protected wetlands" and endangered species they supposedly saved.

Just curious anyone else fly drones here? I just filed for my FAA333 for my Inspire 1 (The process was a headache)

Our government would never exercise as much common sense in enforcement. They'd rather have some game warden catch a grandfather and his kid flying a 4 oz. toy in the middle of nowhere and throw the book at them (both!) for failure to properly register their "aircraft", just to emphasize the point of who's in charge.

Bonus fedie-guv enforcement points if they make a stink about the "protected wetlands" and endangered species they supposedly saved.

You don't have to register a 1/4 lb aircraft. So, there's that.

No more Molson's for you eh, bad boy.
At least, not when you are pulling out your R/C toys.

I am not talking about just registering them for personal use.. that took me 3 minutes.. I am talking about the commercial exemption I applied for (The FAA333. if it only took you 3 minutes to type up the exemption.. well.. I wish you luck ! :eek:

I am not talking about just registering them for personal use.. that took me 3 minutes.. I am talking about the commercial exemption I applied for (The FAA333. if it only took you 3 minutes to type up the exemption.. well.. I wish you luck ! :eek:

Thanks, but it was all simple skill.

You don't have to register a 1/4 lb aircraft. So, there's that.

That probably won't stop them from leading grandpa off in bracelets on the evening news. You can beat the wrap, but you can't beat the ride. The process is the punishment.

The plea deal 18 months later ins't nearly as newsworthy.

My eyes were ready to pop after reading all the CFR/FAR's I cited in my 6 page document! Hopefully your progress is moving faster than mine.. mine still shows "received" and nothing more !

I have to hand it to them for the hobbyist registration.. I registered my son's Phantom 3 and had a registration # within 5 minutes..

Just curious anyone else fly drones here? I just filed for my FAA333 for my Inspire 1 (The process was a headache)

Just got one for my son. Did the basic FAA registration. What is the FAA333 form?

Btw it's a phantom 3 pro. What an amazing quad. We've had a blast with it.

It's for flying them commercially not the standard that is now required for all other drones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine back in July and got approved in mid October. It wasn't too bad. I just found an approved template and did a search and replace and proofed it a few times. :D

I did mine back in July and got approved in mid October. It wasn't too bad. I just found an approved template and did a search and replace and proofed it a few times. :D

Awesome maybe mine won't take much longer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not do a public stoning, after all it's what the stupid, scared huddled masses want :rolleyes2:

Dude screwed up, but 5 bucks says they try to "make a example" of him, if it were me I'd just seize his RC airplane and tell him to F' off, but that's not as juicy of a story now is it.

Another drone story. Some irony in this one. Drones are probably more of a hazard in crowds than to airplanes.

Jaime pulled out her camera to snap a pic of the pilot and his accomplice, who then shouted to stop taking pictures, and covered their faces.

“They said, what did I think I was doing taking their picture as they tried to cover their faces? I replied don’t you see the irony here? You guys just did the EXACT same thing to me and everyone else at the Farmers Market,” Jaime said.

drone.jpg

http://richmondsfblog.com/2016/01/2...at-farmers-market-pilots-flee-from-paparazzi/

Why not do a public stoning, after all it's what the stupid, scared huddled masses want :rolleyes2:

Dude screwed up, but 5 bucks says they try to "make a example" of him, if it were me I'd just seize his RC airplane and tell him to F' off, but that's not as juicy of a story now is it.
Considering how many times water bombing had to be called off last summer due to some "dude", they should make an example of him. Just like the s###heads that point lasers at planes, these idiots aren't getting the message. 25 is a little old to be using the "oops, my bad" excuse.

They cut his poutine ration.

Wrong Province. Waaay wrong Province. That sort of stuff can get you shot in Calgary...just like being a Habs (Montreal Canadiens) fan.

My guess is they decided to arrest him after he lipped them off and probably let on he knew about the rules but didn't care.

Back